Monday 10 June 2019

Quiet Sunday (June 9, 2019)

 I was up nice and early this morning.
I made myself a coffee and found something to watch.

I started watching Wine Country but about 20 minutes in I wasn't really enjoying it so I turned it off.

I looked for something else and found Always Be My Maybe.
It looked promising so I watched it instead and i did really enjoy it. 

After the movie, I sorted through all the books I picked up yesterday and Paddington inspected the bag they came in!

I didn't do an official work out today but I tried to go up and down the stairs every time I though of it and I'd do a few exercises with the weights each time.

I made avocado toast for breakfast and a couple of eggs.

I also cut up half a watermelon and snacked on that for dessert.

I was browsing on facebook and saw these great pallet ideas.
These aren't mine, I didn't make them but thought they would be cool to make.

I want to set up some fence sections in our yard and wanted to put seating all around it so I think this would work well.

This one looks like a great idea too.
Those foam to make cushions is fairly expensive though - it's a possibility though.

I would love this just because I love swings, it would need a big old cushion on it though.

I saw this one before - still think it's super cute.

Also so this posted on my dad's home community Facebook page.
They are wondering if it is my grandfather.
I'm wondering too.

They were trying to decide if this was the same person.
My aunt didn't think it was her dad but she couldn't be sure.
Great advice!

Miss H also posted some cute pictures of Baby F.

This is one of the little outfits I picked up yesterday - looks cute on her.

She sure likes the camera.

Seeing these pictures made me want to go over and visit her so that's exactly what I did.

As usual, she wasn't too sure what to think of me when I first got there.

She was checking me out though.

She's still not too sure.

She's warming up now though.

She would come close and reach out her hand but just far enough away so she wouldn't touch me.

Having a cuddle with mom.

She was just babbling away.

She's climbing all over the couch now, didn't take her long at all to get the mobility thing figured out.

Silly girl.

Oh, now she sees dad, have to go over there and check things out.

She likes to pull on Louie but he doesn't like it that much.

I stayed for about an hour then I headed home to make some supper.

I cooked up some chicken breast, asparagus and rice.

I picked up some honey mustard dressing and chopped up some dill hoping to replicate the honey dill dip I had from the coop in Barrhead.
It was similar and it did the trick.

I picked up ingredients in WCT yesterday to make another Ambrosia so I did that too and had some for dessert.

When My Honey got home, he went right in the backyard to try out the new brain wave he had.
Instead of trying to pull pallets apart, he just cut the nails with the reciprocating saw.
It worked like a charm.
We don't mind about leaving the nails in either because most of what we make is rustic anyway and the nails just add charm.

I saw this on Instagram and loved it all (except the mirror).
I'm really considering doing a wall of wallpaper somewhere - something floral.
I haven't got My Honey convinced but I'm working on it.

I sure did get lots of stairs in - way to go me!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment