Wednesday 19 June 2019

Happy Father's Day! (June 16, 2019)


I was just sitting and admiring the new tv stand this morning and I decided that the handles should be a bit more noticeable so I rubbed some blue paint on to them and I like how they pop now.

We were planning on having everyone over today for fathers day brunch and we are cooking breakfast items so thought it made perfect sense to have supper items for our breakfast.
Leftover hamburgers, brussel sprouts and baked sweet potato it was!

I looked over on the couch and even though the whole thing was free, Paddington chose to lay right on the keyboard of the laptop.

I don't know why he loves it so much?

When I sat beside him, he turned to look at me but still didn't move.

He even stretched right out on it - he makes it look way more comfortable than I'm sure it is.

I was looking through some baskets to see if I had anything to fit on the stand and Professor Snuggles was trying to be involved.

I ended up going with this crate that I painted white.

I also thought this basket would be good for holding the remotes.
 
I spray painted it white and I think it will work perfectly.
 
We had this old table and bench seats that were left here by the previous home owners that were kind of falling apart and weren't safe for sitting on anymore.

Instead of throwing them away, we decided to take them apart and keep the wood.
It's nice and weathered so it will be great for making projects.
We did keep the table top together and My Honey is just going to make new legs for it.
 

Then before you know it, our brunch company started to arrive.
My Honey was cooking pretty much everything on the bbq so we all sat outside with him to keep him company.
Plus it was a beautiful day out there.
Miss M was able to stop by and spend a bit of time with her dad.

It was so hot and sunny out that we had to move the blanket onto the cement so that Baby F would be in the shade.
Not the most comfortable but it worked.

My brother R and Mr H.
He loves it outdoors so he was happy, happy, happy!

Baby F was loving the pancakes and oranges.
I convinced My Honey to make mini biscuits at the last minute too and they were a big hit with everyone!
 
The fam!

My Honey dug out the bottle rocket for Mr H.
He was getting a great work out pumping it full of air.
 
I wanted to get a good shot of the bottle rocket taking off but that kind of went south.
Mr H ran over by his parents when My Honey let the rocket go and wouldn't you know it went right in the same direction as Mr H.
It came crashing down right beside him and it was a little scary for a minute but it didn't hit him and all was good.

Mom and dad were pretty calm about it thankfully.
They aren't fazed very easily.

Mr H decided to be a spectator next to me for the next couple of bottle rockets take offs.
He thinks it's great that I have a chair that is just his size.

Next for entertainment, My Honey got out the giant bubbles.
We all tried our hands at that for a bit - it's really fun.

There was some shade on the grass now so they were able to let Baby F back over there to play.

My son's very first Father's Day - he's doing a great job being a dad and I'm super proud.

This would have been such a great picture if only Baby F was looking my way.

Trying to get her hands on the phone.

Everything was getting dragged out of the shed today, even the pool noodles.

It was such a great day to just chill in the sun.
 
Everyone stayed for a few hours then headed home.

We put everything away and cleaned up then I took a picture to submit to a blog that I like to read, Runs for Cookies.
She's doing a transformation series so I want to send in a Before and After picture of our fireplace remodel.
I'm still so pleased with it.
 
Then I just started taking some more shots of some of the things around the house that I love.

I'm still super happy with how this door turned out.

I love the pictures of cats we picked out to go on it as well.

I saw these on Instagram and thought they would be nice to make.
They are like the ones BH and her hubby made but they have a smaller one in the front and then a knob in the center.
I think they are really pretty and would like to make a few.
 
Besties.
The girls posted this of themselves today and I love it.
They sure are a couple of beautiful girls.

Miss H posted this one today and I loved it.

I thought this was so cute!
 
I just realized that I was so busy today that I forgot to call my dad today.
Thankfully I sent him a card but I'll definitely have to give him a call tomorrow.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment