Saturday 13 October 2018

That Time We Went Apple Picking (Oct.11, 2018)

I weighed in this morning first thing.
I was 260.4 last week and I've been really trying to get back to that.

I'm just about there.

I tried another new Kodiak product this morning.
It was really tasty, I loved it.
So easy too, just add water and microwave for a minute.

It was a busy morning at work.
Before I knew it, it was time to head home for lunch.

I had a salad kit again, this time I added a can of tuna for protein.
It was good but I think I prefer chicken on my salads.
The snow is starting to melt off some of the trees on the side that faces the afternoon sun but others are still covered.

It really does look beautiful.

Especially when you look out over this great expanse of trees and white is all you can see for miles and miles.
I won't be sad when it melts though - just so you know!

NCT came down to the office at the end of the day and she and I and BH ended up sitting around and chatting until almost 5:30.

When they left, I had a few more things that I wanted to do in my office before I headed home too.
Since it was so late, I didn't really feel like cooking.

I cooked up a few chicken fingers for mom and I had a cupful of leftover dill pickle soup.

I left the oven going so that I could cook up a pizza for My Honey when he gets home.
I want it to be nice and warm for him.

I got all caught up with The Block.
That show sure is on a lot.
It was close to 9 pm and My Honey still wasn't home so I checked in with him and he was on his way.
So I got the pizza in the oven for him.

Not the best supper but something warm anyway.
By then it was basically bed time so we didn't get to hang out much but that's ok.

Some Facebook memories popped up from another trip we took back in October of 2014.
We were supposed to go on a New England Cruise but it was cancelled last minute so instead, we flew to NS and visited with my sister for a few days.
Then we took the ferry from there over to Portland, Maine and did a driving tour of New England instead.

I was super happy that I got to spend some time with my nephews.

They were just giggling away in the morning.

They are so darn cute.

We took them apple picking at a farm that day.
Mr E wanted to pull his little brother around in the wagon.

Getting right in there to find the good ones.

Proud of his pick.

These ones are easier to reach.

Pondering all the important things in life I guess.

I love these two little guys so much.

They had goats at the farm that really liked riding on the merry-go-round.

They were friendly and the kids thought that was great.

Maybe they were a little bit too friendly.

We sat Mr D at the table so he could eat his cookie in peace but the goat had other ideas and got the cookie before we could stop him.

"Can you believe the nerve of that goat guys?"

He didn't stay upset too long as made friends with the goat again right away.

Just a couple of boys and a goat on a death machine merry-go-round!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment