Saturday 6 October 2018

Freezing Bat at the Office (Oct.5, 2018)

It was another lovely, fall like day today.
I want that snow to stay away as long as it can.
In fact, if it never comes, I will be one happy girl! 

When I weighed in, I was back up again by 2 pounds.
Not a deterrent though, going to keep on trucking.

SV and CO were talking about a little bat they'd come across in the back.
He was really cold, indeed, almost frozen.
He wasn't moving much so they kept checking on him.
Of course I had to go out to see him.
Poor little guy.

Lunch was the usual, a salad kit.

I had wonderful company to enjoy it with.

He was telling me that he took a Niacin (B3) vitamin this morning which usually causes him to get a really bad flush for about 20 minutes.
He needed to go to the store so he was waiting for it to happen and it didn't so eventually he went on down to the store.
Of course as soon as he got there, he could feel it starting to happen and he could see all these people there that he usually talks to but he just ducked out of the store as fast as he could.

I've never taken one so I decided that I wanted to give it a try.
I wasn't that concerned about getting a flush at work, I knew I could just tell the girls what was causing it.
It is supposed to help with Cholesterol.
So he gave me one and off I went. 

When I got back to the office, I went to check on the bat and CO had moved him to a spot in the sun.
He seemed to be moving a bit more so that was nice to see.

After a bit My Honey checked in to see if I'd had the flush happen.
I'd honestly forgotten all about it by that point and I hadn't felt a thing.
Of course as soon as I responded "no" to him, I started to get a tingling sensation. 

I got so hot and itchy that I had to put my hair up.

I definitely got a really good flush, turns all kinds of red.
It was a tingly, hot, itchy feeling but that being said, I didn't mind it.

BH was talking to her hubby and he said there were a couple of paragliders overhead and for us to go out and look.
BH said we'd likely miss them and he said "well they aren't going 500 miles an hour" ha ha.
So we went out to have a look and there they were.

There were two of them on these motorized paragliders.
It must have been really cold up there.
I think I might like to give this a try sometime.

BN called them paragliders and I argued saying that wasn't what they were called but then I googled it later and alas, BN was right.
I will have to apologize tomorrow when I see him.

BH discovered that Littlefoot was playing in WCT so we decided to go.
We were all able so it worked out perfectly.

We left straight from work and stopped at Original Joe's for supper.

SV and NCT - you'd think they would be getting used to the pictures by this point, but they still complain.
Just a little though - I don't think they truly mind.

BH and I are all in for pictures.

Ever since we discussed going to WCT, I've been thinking about these brussel sprouts.

As usual, we ordered a ton of food.

We shared the brussel sprouts ( I'd say it was 50/50 and by that I mean I ate half of them and the other three shared the other half between them)

We also shared the spicy tempura shrimp - it was really good.

I ordered a Mediterranean Pita Wrap - it was just ok.
It didn't really have a lot of flavor to it.

We made it to the theater for our movie just in the nick of time.
We were expecting a big line up but there was nobody around and the theater was practically empty.

It was a cute movie - we enjoyed it.

It is just a small town theater.
We will have to make a point of coming here more often, I would hate to see it close down.

After the movie we headed home.
I watched a little tv with My Honey but seeing as we are old fogies now, we were in bed by 10 pm!

The grammar is horrid but still good for a laugh!
When your scarf doesn't fit anymore, you are in big, big trouble!

Need to pick it up!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment