Thursday 4 October 2018

A New Dish! (Oct.3, 2018)

There is still some snow hanging around from yesterday's snowfall but at least we didn't get anymore.
I was super bummed when I weighed in this morning because I was back up again, 2.2 from yesterday's weigh in.
What the heck?
I think maybe I've been missing out on fibre so I am going to try to be diligent about making sure that I am getting some in.

I tried some of the new Kodiak Oatmeal I got yesterday for breakfast.

You just add water, microwave for 30 seconds and presto, a delicious breakfast packed with protein and some fibre too.
A win/win all around.

Just out of curiosity I checked out the Natura Market website to see if they were restocked yet and they were so I ended up ordering 50 bucks more worth of Kodiak products from them.

My Honey is on days off so while I was busy working away, he was working too, just not on paperwork, on his muscles.

Paddington was his spotter!

He was surfing the net and found this place that sells Bangin Cauliflower which he thinks is a total rip off of Wagumama's Bang Bang Cauliflower.
He may be right but I'd give it a go for sure.
Wagumama's aren't easy to find so I'll take Bang Bang Cauliflower wherever I can get it.

SV came down just before lunch to say that NCT wanted to meet up for lunch and of course I was in.

We went to Brewzers, haven't been there for a while.
They have this great area set up in the back - I love it.

I ordered a Chef's Salad for lunch.
It was darn good too, I cleaned my plate.


SV had a salad too only she had a Caesar Salad.
We are both taking part in the Weight Loss Competition currently running at the office and she is doing really well.


NCT had the breakfast sandwich and as you can see it was finger lickin' good!
BH had a meeting all day so she wasn't able to join us.

I arrived home after work to a wonderful aroma.
My Honey found this German recipe that he decided to try.

He made pasta noodles from scratch then put a sauce over them that had melted butter, paprika and cayenne.

He also made Rouladen which is beef rolled up around bacon and a dill pickle.
The sauce has sour cream in it and it didn't call for mushrooms but he added them.


The Rouladen and sauce got ladled over top of the noodles and sauce so that all the flavors mingled together and it was out of this world.
I told him that he definitely needs to add this to his regular meal roster.
The flavors were different and interesting and the beef was so tender that it just fell apart when you touched it with the fork.
I savored every single bite.

After our meal we decided to take advantage of the nice evening and go for a walk.
The air is cool and crispy now, hats and mittens are required.


I kind of wanted to walk in the path in the woods where I used to walk all the time when I first moved here so that is where we headed.
There have been a few bears spotted around town lately though so I was on hyper alert.
Every noise I heard made me nervous and I was so on edge.


I was happier when we got back out on the road.

I love the woods but next time we need to bring a bell to make some noise or some bear spray.

It was really nice to get out for a walk though - so refreshing to the body and the mind.

When we got home we started to watch some of a new food show we found, Food Paradise, but I was falling asleep on the couch so I headed to bed.
My Honey had turned my electric blanket on before we left on our walk so the bed was nice and toasty.
He tucked me in and off to dreamland I went!

Not all the way but what an improvement compared to the usual lately!!!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment