Wednesday 10 October 2018

Movie Double Header (Oct.6, 2018)

I woke up early this morning so I got up, made a coffee then got some blogging done before My Honey got up.
We were heading to the city but we weren't in a huge rush.
 
It was around 11 am when we finally hit the road.
I took a picture of my big shopping list on off we went.
 
We stopped at Winners/Marshalls so I could return a pair of jeans I'd picked up.
I found a really nice jacket but I couldn't decide if I wanted to get it or not.
So I left it thinking that if I decided later on that I did still want it, I could go back and get it.
 
Our next stop was for some lunch.

I ordered a number 17 as usual.
 
I always tease My Honey about his love of pho but truth be told, I like it just as much as he does.

They play these cool aquarium scenes on the TV's there and they look so real.

When the fixings arrive, it means the soup isn't very far behind.
 
Yum Yum!

After soup, we hit up the Candy Bouquet.
Apparently a lady in Alberta has brought back the Cuban Lunch so My Honey wanted to get one.
 
Found them!
 
I've never seen one myself - they must be a West coast thing but they are very popular.
 
We tested it out as soon as we got to the truck and it was basically peanuts covered in chocolate.
Simple and delicious.
 
We also got a few other things to try.
This tasted like a minty, chewy caramel.
It was really good.
 

This is a peanut butter, coconut stick.
It tasted ok but it was very messy to eat.
 

OMG - look what else they had.
I usually only get to enjoy these when we are in the States so you know I had to get one.
My Honey and I shared it later at the movie.

We headed over to the West side of the city to go to the Bargain store and of course we had to wait for a train.
This happens to us often in Edmonton.
 
My Honey wanted to pick up replacement furnace parts to have on hand just in case ours craps out over the winter.
I hit up the bargain discount store and got a really good, sturdy, nice curtain rod for $14!!!
Awesome deal.

We were thinking of Thai for supper but last minute changed our minds, I was craving a Greek Salad.
 
I ordered my Greek Salad, I was a little disappointed in the feta because it was really weird.
It had a texture like tofu and it wasn't at all salty, in fact, I'm not even certain that it was feta.
Other than that, it was good.
 

My Honey ordered his California sandwich that he was so impressed with last time.
 
It does look pretty darn good.
They forgot the avocado but he said he still enjoyed it.
 
I ordered wings to for some extra protein and they came with an order of fries too.
So of course, I had to have a couple.
We got the lemon pepper wings and they were really tasty.
 
From there, it was pretty much time to head to the theatre for our movie.
 
We had tickets for A Star is Born at 6:30.
BN and his sister, JM, were also going to the same showing along with a couple of JM's friends.
We met up with them at the theater but we did all sit in different seats.
 

I was kind of full after having supper but did find room for a yogurt ice cream.

My Honey and BN were texting back and forth.
My Honey was telling BN that he'd heard complaints about this creepy guy sitting in a row all by himself.
Ha ha - those two are so silly.
The movie was really good.
I cried for the last 45 min or so.
I think if a movie can make me feel that much emotion then it must be a pretty good movie.
Lady Gaga did an awesome job acting, so did Bradley Cooper for that matter and her voice just blew me away.
She really does have an awesome set of pipes!
 
We had about an hour before our next movie so we joined BN, JM and her two friends at Tim Horton's for a coffee/tea and a visit.
We had a nice chat, JM is always full of funny stories and always so happy.
She's infectious to be around, I really enjoy her company.
 
We had to head back to the theater for our next show and we made it just in time.
 
Venom
 
I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I ended up being pleasantly surprised.
They made sure to add some humor so it wasn't as dark as I was expecting.
I really liked it a lot.
 
We headed to our hotel afterwards and I was ready for bed.
 
 


I had a peek at Facebook and my niece and her mom were up to shenanigans today.
Nice to see them having some fun together - her mom lives in Calgary so she doesn't get to spend a huge amount of time with her.
She came up to visit for Thanksgiving though and looks like they went shopping!

 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment