Thursday 11 October 2018

Memories of Paris! (Oct.7, 2018)

 
It was a late night for us last night so we had a bit of a sleep in this morning.
The beds at Staybridge Inn & Suites are pretty comfy - I love their pillows.

We had our usual for breakfast, Timmie's.

I had a coffee, a Bacon BELT
 
we also shared an oatmeal.
It was a perfect, cheap breakfast.

Seems like a strange spot to hang out?
 
We stopped at Rona to get a gate handle and there were these gorgeous bushes dotted all throughout the parking lot.
The colors are so beautiful.
 
We were at Walmart and I walked by My Honey checking his blood pressure so I decided to check mine as well.
It is still in the normal range but it seems to be creeping up a little bit so I definitely need to get it in check.
 
We did a little bit of shopping, we needed groceries for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow and mom asked me to pick her up a couple of frames and a black sweater.
I was also able to find myself a nice pair of jeans at Addition Elle so I was happy about that.
 
I was craving Famosa Pizza for supper so that is where we went.
We got there at a great time, it was pretty much empty.

I ordered my favorite, Virgin Caesar.
I changed it up though, instead of getting it spicy I ask for it to be heavy on the Worcestershire.
It was just perfect.
 

We cuddled up like to young love birds on the same side of the table.
Really we both just wanted to sit on the comfy booth seat and the other side was just hard chairs.

We tried the artichoke/cauliflower dip for an appetizer.
They only gave us 6 skinny little slices of bread to go with it which wasn't nearly enough.
Our waiter noticed that we were out of bread but still had lots of dip left and brought us more bread which was nice of him.

We both tried new pizzas today.
My Honey had the meat lovers and he figures it may have moved into his number one spot.
 
They had a seasonal menu with a Korean BBQ Beef Pizza that's only here for a limited time so I decided to give it a try.
 
It was good but it didn't even come close to bumping my Cavoletti out of the number one spot.
 
 



We stopped at a bakery to grab some buns for tomorrow's supper and they make really great scones so I just had to get one.
I got a lemon blueberry one for my mom and got myself a pumpkin one that had cream cheese icing and caramel drizzled on it.
I ate it almost immediately and it was delicious.
My Honey got a chocolate croissant.
I tried a bit and it was ok.
I prefer regular croissants for some reason.
 
We got on the road and headed back home at a decent hour which was nice.
Of course, 45 minutes from home, the nice day turned into this.
It was very slippery so we had to drive slow but at least it was still light out so we could see the animals.
We saw a lot of deer on the way home.
 
The closer we got to home, the worse it got.
We made it home safe and sound though.
 
We unloaded the truck and My Honey got a few things going for supper tomorrow.
 

Then we sat down and watched a movie.
Solo.
I thought it wasn't bad but it was just ok.
 
Some memories popped up on Facebook from our trip to London in 2014.
Three years ago from today, we took the train from London to Paris for the day and it was awesome.
We only had a day but we got lots of sight seeing in.
This is the Arc de Triomphe.

We checked out the Louvre.
 
We only went in and checked out the Gift Shop.
The line up to get into the museum was huge and we didn't have much time so we opted not to spend it standing in line.
 
We also so the Eiffel Tower.
 

Took some photos with it in the background then we walked down to it to see it up close.
 
You could take an elevator up the Eiffel Tower but again, big line ups so we decided to walk up the stairs.
OMG - it was really hard and I had to stop several times to catch my breath.

The view was stunning when we got up there though.
There's another item checked off my bucket list!
 
I was really looking forward to trying a croissant in Paris but the best thing I ended up having was a baguette if you can believe that.
It was fresh and delicious and I can't wait to go back some day and have another!
 


Saw this cool ornament on Facebook too and thought it would be easy to make.
Maybe I'll actually get some crafts completed this Christmas!
 
Nearly there.
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment