Monday 15 October 2018

Chillaxing Day! (Oct.14, 2018)


Today was a pretty chill day.
I slept in a bit this morning, staying up until 1 am sure isn't as easy as it used to be! 

I snapped a quick picture of my completed puzzle before taking it apart and putting it away.
I settled in with an episode of When Calls the Heart and a coffee.

I tried another new kind of pancakes.

They were really good even though I scorched them a little.
They had whole oats in them which I liked.
I made eggs and turkey to do with them again - a plate loaded with protein right there.

I was kind of in the mood for puzzles so I found a couple more and did them.
I did one with 150 pcs, it was pretty easy.
Then I pulled at a 300 piece one.
It was a bit more challenging but I finished it in about an hour.

I warmed up left over instant mashed potatoes and a chicken breast for my lunch.
I looks pretty bland but it did taste good.

I didn't get up to much today.

I made a trip to the store to pick up salad kits for the two days that I am going to work this week.

I wanted to make sure My Honey had a good meal to come home to so I got everything ready to start cooking at 7.
I wanted it to be warm for him.
He didn't figure he was going to be late today but then something came up so it was after 8:30 when he finally got home.

I tried to emulate the brussel sprouts that I love so much at Original Joes.
I fried up bacon then added some pickled peppers right in the pan and fried them a bit too.
I steamed the brussel sprouts then threw them into the bacon grease in the pan.
I added the bacon & peppers back then I added some white cheddar popcorn seasoning as well.
I totally forgot to add the parmesan cheese while they were still warm so when I did add it, it didn't melt but it was still good.

It's the closest I've come to matching and it tasted really good.
I also boiled up the baby potatoes and My Honey cooked up the steak when he got home.

I am hoping that eating so late doesn't mess with my weigh in tomorrow.
I will have to weigh in for the week before we leave on Tuesday so I am hoping to be down.

My Honey has been working late everyday and he is really tired so after we ate, we hit the sack.

I saw these t-shirts on Facebook and I just love them!

OUCH!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment