Saturday 13 October 2018

Happy Thanksgiving! (Oct.8, 2018)

We had a bit of a sleep in this morning then we got up and got to work cooking and cleaning.
We are having the whole family over for Thanksgiving dinner today.
My Honey was the cooker and I was the cleaner. 

I did stop and make myself some eggs and a pumpkin flax Kodiak pancake for breakfast.

We were able to get a few other items checked off the to do list, like getting some hooks hung up for mom to have a place to hang her coat.
We've been meaning to do it ever since we got rid of the hall closet so it was nice to finally get that done.

I moved some furniture around too and found a spot to put together this little collection.
I like how it looks.
I got some candles lit but I know as soon as Mr H arrives he will want to blow them all out.
Everyone started arriving right around 5 pm.
Almost everyone was able to make it too, except Mr T who had to work later. 

Miss A wanted to hold Baby F as soon as she got there.

Mr H was all about loving up on her too.

He was being so sweet and giving her kisses!

My brother R.

Miss H, looking much more rested these days.

My smiley boy.

Father and daughter.
Not only was it Thanksgiving, but it was my brother's birthday as well.
Happy Birthday A!

Baby F makes the funniest faces, she looks like she's giving me the "what's wrong with you" look, ha ha!

It is still a little shocking to me sometimes that my boy is now a dad.
It's a strange feeling - in a good way though.

Supper was ready to go not long after everyone arrived.

It was a serve yourself and to save on dishes we skipped the fancy dishes and went for paper plates.

We had a great spread thanks to My Honey who did all the cooking.
We had ham, turkey and all the fixings.

I held Baby F while everyone ate and I was happy to do it! 

She had the cutest little fuzzy unicorn sweater on.

It was his dad's birthday so he wanted to help blow out the candles.

He also helped take the candles out because there was a lot of icing that needed licked off those candles!

When everyone finished eating, I gave Baby F back to her mommy and I had my supper.
It was delicious!

A couple of beautiful girls right there!

She kept her eye on that dessert while the whole time!

Everyone moved to the living room to hang out a bit afterwards.

We picked up some stuff for My Honey's magic tool box yesterday and the kids each picked out a treat from it.
This was Miss A's pick! 

This guy is so hard to take selfies with because he never wants to look at the camera but I lucked out today.

My Honey wanted in on the action and we almost got Mr H looking.

Baby F spent some time with her great granny!

My Honey made Tres Leches cake and diet or no, I couldn't resist.
It was absolutely delicious too!

After everyone left, we put everything away and cleaned up.

Then we were able to sit back and relax.

Paddington was happy to be able to come back out of hiding.

He just snuggled right in there with his papa.

Then guess what I did?
I had a second piece of cake.
I figured I might as well go all out today and get back on track tomorrow.
It was totally worth it. 

It was a wonderful day spent with the people that I love.
I have so much to be thankful for in my life and even though I think of it often, it's good to have a day to celebrate it!

Wow, it's been a bit since I've seen that step total in green!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment