Saturday 13 October 2018

Family Visits and Subway! (Oct.12, 2018)

It's my favorite day of the week, Friday!!!

I weighed in this morning for the weight loss competition and after trying so hard all week, I finally lost a bit from my weigh in last week,
It's only .4 of a pound but it's down and I'll take it.

I had a Kodiak flapjack for breakfast again, another new kind.
It tasted really good and had a lot more protein than the one I had yesterday.

Our foreman, BL, implemented coffee break at 10 am in our back kitchen at the office starting today.
At 10 am he went around to all the offices to make sure everyone attended.
He even had his wife make zucchini bread for us to all have for a treat.

It was actually a really nice thing just to sit and chat with everyone for a little bit about stuff other than work.
I think BL had a great idea and it will be really wonderful for moral.
I'm looking forward to many more.

We have another retirement coming up.
Our asset integrity guy, RA, put in his notice and his last day will be Oct.24.
I was able to get the invites out for his Farewell lunch today and I also got the lunch ordered.
It's sad whenever someone leaves and he was an interesting man with lots of interesting stories to tell but of course I wish him all the best.

I was super late leaving for lunch then just decided why bother.
I opted to work through lunch instead then leave early.

I have been procrastinating on getting the spill exercise report done for WCSS so instead of leaving early, I just stayed and got that done finally.
Feels good to get that checked off my list!

After work I picked up mom and we went over to visit Baby F, mom also wanted to pick up her suitcase that was over there as she is off to NS tomorrow night.

Baby F was sleeping when we first got there so we didn't disturb her.

When she did finally stir though, I made sure to get a cuddle in straight away.

I did pass her along to mom though as she is going away for a bit and I am going to be babysitting her tomorrow so I will have her all to myself.

The weather was just miserable out all day.
It had rained really hard this morning and the snow was melting rapidly so I was kind of happy about that but soon enough it turned colder and the rain turned to ice then snow so now it's a real mess out there.
It makes you kind of just want to hole up in your house and not do anything.
I made me not want to cook so I suggested Subway and that sounded good to everyone.

We got all the orders then my boy and I headed over to Subway to pick them up.

He was getting two subs and I was getting four and it took FOREVER!
They had a trainee there working by himself and I felt bad for him.

We finally got them though and headed back.

I visited for a little longer, had to get one more cuddle in with Baby F before leaving.


She needed a diaper change so her daddy took care of that and her and I just chatted!


I did need to make another stop though so I left her to her daddy then we headed to my brothers.

Mom had to pick something up there to take with her tomorrow so we had a bit of a visit.


The cat was happy to see mom and demanded some petting.


Mr H was chowing down on his favorite when we arrived, tomato soup.
Mr H gets really shy sometimes when he first sees us so he was sticking pretty close to his mom.

It doesn't take long for him to warm up though and soon enough he was running around showing off for us.

We visited with them until it was time for My Honey to be getting home.
I wanted to make sure that I was there with his supper plus mom & I were getting hungry.

By the time I sat down to eat my sub I was super hungry.
It hit the spot and I ate the hole footlong no problem.

Afterwards, I had a treat.
My Honey had brought back some gingerbread cake that his mom made from his last visit there.
It's been a bit so I went to throw it out yesterday but when I opened the container it still looked good.


I decided then that it would be my treat for tonight so I was looking forward to it all day.
I warmed it up a bit, added some cool whip and I savored every single bite!

After supper, we got in some kitty cuddles and watched some Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives before calling it a night!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment