It was time for us to move on from Wisconsin Dells.
We fly home from Minneapolis tomorrow so we are heading there today.
But first we needed to have some breakfast.
We found a spot and put our name in but it was a 1 hour wait so we decided to walk around and check things out until a table was ready for us.
The downtown area has lots of shops and stores and people today because it's a long weekend.
I made Jason pose in front of the wings on the wall for me.
There happened to be a little farmer's market going on too.
Lots of fresh veggies.
I wish I had fresh veggies available like this at home.
This is some type of squash, it looks really good.
There was a booth selling ube treats - we love ube so we checked that out of course.
The lady had a write up about what ube is.
She had a few different treats there for sale and she was giving samples so we tried a few things and they were delicious.
We ended up buying some of these muffins - they were moist and tasty.
Then we also some of this ube bread - it was so soft and tender and also very tasty.
They do duck tours here with these vehicles that go on land and on water.
I've never been on one but if we ever come here again, I think I might want to give it a try.
We came upon a store called Wizard's Quest so you know we had to go see what that was all about.
There was this huge dragon at the entrance as soon as you walked in.
Then these mini statues on pedestals that I liked.
A little fawn.
A fairy.
This was a little imp or something.
I liked all of them.
We'd barely made it past the entrance in Wizard's Quest when we got a text to say our table was ready so we headed back to the restaurant, Courtyard.
It was a really big restaurant - this was one room of seating and there was another room in the front.
We ended up being seated at the bar which was fine.
They had an energy drink on the menu and it sounded good so I ordered one.
It was called the Sunset Citrus Dream and I got them to put sweet cream cold foam on top.
I got eggs, bacon and one of their biscuits which looked terrific and tasted terrific too.
Almost as good as the ones that Jason makes.
Mine came with a side of pancakes, a couple bites was plenty for me.
Jason got an omelet with hash browns and rye bread.
The food was good.
We went back to the Wizard Quest store after we finished eating just to browse.
I ended up getting Eden a little pair of sunglasses.
Then we decided to hit the road.
We have a bit of a longer drive today and we wanted to make a stop that was a little out of the way so it ended up being even longer.
The stop was in Sparta, Wisconsin.
They have the FAST fiberglass mold graveyard there which Jason learned about on Atlas Obscura.
There is a sign up with some rules for looking around the property but it was getting quite faded and hard to read.
The whole place was kind of wild.
There were molds for everything.
I'm not going to caption all of the pictures but I'll try to share most of the things that we saw.
Ice cream cone.
Cow
Dog
There were rows and rows of these molds.
Some kind of ogre.
A bunch of Yogi Bears.
A duck.
A rubber ducky too.
I think these are slides - maybe for a water park or something because one of them looks like a fish.
A demon head.
Ball glove - this is the mold.
Then this is the final result.
Giant bottle.
Dinosaur.
Anchor.
These are some Bucky Badgers.
We saw this big giant doughnut looking thing at the Mt. Olympus Water Park.
Giant shoe.
This giant guy looked so cool with all of the plants growing up around him.
Another soldier guy - he's really in among the plants.
Another soldier type guy.
A skull.
Strawberry.
Big boy.
Real AF.
So much stuff.
A bunch more ice cream cones.
Waffle cone
Giant dinosaur.
A bunch of animals.
A bunch more animals.
A hare.
Giant arm.
Giant foot.
Monkeys.
I think this might have been a camel.
Just a guy.
Elephant.
Elephants.
Cowboy guy.
This was a bird laying upside down - it kind of looked like it was dead the way it was laying.
Frog.
Dolphin
Rhino.
Another duck.
Bear.
Fish.
Whale.
Fish.
Shark.
Looks like a little Dumbo.
Pig
Turtle
Chipmunk maybe.
Baseball
Golf tee.
Assorted balls.
Slide.
Teddy bear.
Even Mount Rushmore.
Cow.
Cat.
Even Santa.
A bunch of slides.
Pelican slide.
Another slide.
Snail.
Apple baseball.
Puppy dog.
This big old place was on the property as well.
The whole place was pretty cool to see - I'm glad we made the effort to go and see it.
But then we had to head to Minneapolis - it was about a 2.5 hour drive.
This house had a mini pumpjack out in the yard.
I just had to stop and take a picture of this view.
The farm country around here is so beautiful.
We pulled into Minneapolis around 5:30 and headed straight to this restaurant, Spoon and Stable, because Andrew Zimmern highly recommends it.
It was nice inside, very busy.
They sat us at the bar - it was kind of tight and we were in close quarters with two other couples.
I don't like seating like that but it was all that was available.
They brought bread to the table.
And some salted butter to go along with it.
Then we waited close to an hour before we got the rest of our food - that was annoying.
Jason ordered the burger.
He also got the black pasta.
I got the haddock.
They did bring us these sweets for free.
After all of that - the food wasn't very good and it was very expensive.
It really wasn't the best experience - I wouldn't go there again.
We went and checked into our hotel - The Holiday Inn Express Normandy.
We had a nice king size bed and the room was huge.
It had a nice cozy chair and footstool in the corner.
We went down and checked out the pool area.
It was huge inside and it had both a hot tub and a pool.
It was a great hotel - we loved it.
The hallways were all really wide and the style was very unique.
There was a chess board at one of the seating areas.
The lobby where they gave out free milk and cookies at 10 pm.
Another hallway.
There was a stained glass window that looked into the bar area which had a grand piano.
Kind of old school looking which we quite like.
There's the piano.
There were these really cool armor sconces on the wall.
This one even had swords.
Just really interesting things to see all over.
It's old school but you can also tell that it's been renovated and everything is clean and nice.
Jason headed out for a run, I walked outside with him and this church was just across the street from where we parked.
The hotel had parking too which is nice in a city - that's not always something easy to find.
This is the outside of the hotel.
Some pictures Jason took while he was out running.
There are some really nice old buildings here in Minneapolis.
One of the bridges along the river.
Giant sign shining on the water.
Just another of the sign.
Random sculpture.
While Jason ran, I sat on the comfy chair in our room and worked on my blog.
When he got back, we went for a swim in the pool, hit up the hot tub for a bit then had milk and cookies in the lobby.
The hotel also had a machine that made lattes and cappuccinos which were free and an ionized water station where you could get good cold water.
We absolutely loved the hotel and will go out of our way to stay there again.
I didn't quite get all of my steps in today.
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!






































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment