Thursday, 10 September 2026

Back Home We Go (Sept.7, 2026)

We fly home today.

While we have really loved our trip, we are also missing the girls and we can't wait to get home and see them.

We don't fly out until 2:55 so we had a bit of time today before we had to go to the airport.

So when we got up, we decided to go out for a walk and maybe grab some breakfast before heading out. 

The hotel let us have a noon checkout so we didn't have to rush back.

We absolutely loved this hotel.
The bed, pillows and bedding were all amazing.

We love the city of Minneapolis.

We passed this on a person's balcony - I thought it was neat.

Jason loves photographing flowers.

These were all climbing up this person's balcony.
I like how it looks.

We walked down to the river walk by the stone arch bridge.

Everything is still so lush and green.

That's a long way down.

This is such a nice place to go for a walk.

Someone drew a face onto this.

We found this cafe to get something to eat.

It's so nice here so we had to sit outside to eat.
I'm really going to miss the weather when we go home.
I know we are already moving into fall probably at home.

We got egg sandwiches, Jason got the Chipotle Cheddar.

I got the Pesto Sunrise.

When I first opened it up, I thought that was a big slab of cheese but it was the egg.

Very big sandwiches and reasonably priced.
We could each only eat half.

We also got a couple cookies, a salted chocolate chip and a chai cookie.
Both were delicious cookies.

This was on the balcony of a personal residence.
Guess they aren't big fans of Donald Trump (me either).

Back at the hotel, these paintings were on display and for some reason, I just felt a connection to them.

I really liked them.
They were behind glass and there was sunshine coming in from the windows on the other side of the hall so there was this glare that I just couldn't do anything about.

The artist is Wenwen Manfred.
I'll have to look up some more of his work.

Stickers Jason noticed.

More stickers.

We headed to the airport.
Security was a breeze and we headed to our gate.
Jason walked around but I sat and worked on my blog.

The flight left right on time and it was uneventful (which is just the way I like my flights).

We picked up our car and headed home.
The beautiful Alberta sky.

I noticed in my pictures on my phone that Freya had made this.

She and Eden were calling us on the drive home wondering when we'd be home and wanting to come for a visit.
Even though we only got back to town at 8:30, they insisted on visiting so we picked them up and brought them home with us.

Of course we got them gifts like we always do and they were excited to see what we'd gotten.
I had gotten Eden this little apple dress and it came with the apple backpack.
So adorable.
She loved it.

Being her silly self.

Our sweetheart.

I got her these sunglasses, they looked cute on her.
She always does this pose now - I love it.

Cutie pie.

They ended up staying until almost 10 pm.
We were so happy to see them and we were so glad that they came even if we did end up having a late night.

Got all of my steps in.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment