Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Ivy Letters, Thrift Shopping, Rotary Park & Original Joe's (Sept.19, 2026)

 Ivy was hard at work this morning.

She made a little riddle for Freya.

Then she also left her a note.

Freya was getting some kitty snuggles in this morning when she got up.

Freya was so excited to get a note from Ivy.
She wrote one back to her.
She had some questions for her.

Her letter:
Dear Ivy,
You are the best fairy in the whole world.
Where do you live?
Oh yeah, I might be a fairy for Halloween just like you.
Oh yeah, you are my BFFFFFFFFFF
So is Theia BFFFFF
You are the best, I love you Ivy.

She rolled it up, tied it with some twine then put it out in the fairy house hanging in the tree along with a little dish of cranberry juice for her in case she was thirsty.

We decided to take the girls swimming in Whitecourt and Theia tagged along as well.

We stopped at the thrift store first and Freya found this sweater she liked.
Jason dubbed it the Kurt Cobain sweater.

Eden hopped into my basket when I took everything out to pay for it.

The pool gets closed for a few weeks for maintenance this time of year and it was supposed to be open on Sept.18 but they had some issues so it is closed for a few more days.

That was kind of a bummer but it was a gorgeous day so we took the girls over to Rotary park instead.

Jason pushed them on the merry-go-round.

He jumped on the bouncy pillow thing with them.

They love it when he jumps near to them and bounces them around.

He goes pretty hard and it's quite the workout for him.

You can just see them giggling away.

The girls were actually brave enough to put their swimsuits on and go down the water slides a few times.

There were a few other people sliding too so they weren't the only ones.

They had a great time.

Eden got her bathing suit on.

She went to dip her toe in the water and actually fell in a bit and decided it was way too cold for her so she laid out in the sun and watched videos.

The fountain was looking so nice - there was a rainbow there in the mist.

The whole parking lot is lined with these trees that all have these golden yellow leaves and they look so beautiful.

Gorgeous.

Eden had to lay down for a rest on the way to the car.

The sun shining through the leaves.

We went to Original Joe's for a change for supper - the girls weren't thrilled because they prefer Boston Pizza but both were loving it by the time we left.

We took advantage of the nice day and sat outside.
We were the only ones out there.

Jason and Eden.

She's always being silly this one.

Moi.

I've always like the brussels sprouts here so I ordered them but they weren't as good as I remember.

I also ordered the taco salad.

Jason had the chicken burger - it looked really good.

The kids were bored on the way home and gave Jason a few tattoos.

Love the planet.

We dropped Theia off at her place then the girls off to Kody when we got home.

Then Jason spent the evening working on a response letter from Ivy for Freya.

I still haven't decided on a new book to read but these were recommendations that interested me.

I'm not sure if I'm in the mood for any of them right now but I did at them to my wish list.

They are all definitely books that I'd be interested to read at some point.

Got all my steps in.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment