Back home, it was back to school for the kiddos.
Haylee posted this picture of Freya heading out - she's starting Grade 3 today.
Eden has a couple more years to go before she starts school but she was happy to join Freya for a picture this morning.
Jason went to the gym this morning while I showered.
We'd slept in so by the time we got that done, we didn't have time to hit up the pool.
It's the first time we haven't taken advantage of the hotel pool since we've been here.
Then we checked out and headed over to see Lambeau Field - the stadium where the Green Bay Packers play.
The towns all have these water towers.
The stadium seems to be in Aubenon, not Green Bay.
The GPS took us to this entrance.
We were out taking pictures and this guy that worked there drove over and told us that this was like the back entrance and all the good stuff was in the front.
He said the GPS takes people to this side all of the time.
It was nice of him to let us know.
So we drove around to the other side to check it out.
Neither of us is really a big sports fan but it's nostalgic for Jason because football would be on the tv on Sunday's when he was growing up and he does watch it sometimes.
Even if we aren't big sports fans, it is still cool to see these famous stadiums in person.
Across the street were these homes all decked out with Packer stuff.
I wonder if people live in these or if the are airbnb's?
The Lambeau Field Atrium.
There were statues out front.
The statues were cool looking.
Vince Lombardi - he coached the team to several super bowls in a short span of time.
The had nice plants all along the entrance.
I like these statues - fans enjoying the game.
I like how they indented the wall to make this picture of a helmet.
The door handle was a football.
We walked around the pro shop and just checked out all the things that they had.
The truck full of cheesehead hats and the football light fixture looked great.
They had cheesehead hats for sale.
The store was huge.
They had pictures on the wall by the entrance to the checkouts that looked like fans in the stadium.
Giant fingers.
More cheese items.
Sneakers for super fans.
A very blinged out helmet.
I guess you could get the fellow for your front yard or to take to the game with you if you wanted?
So much stuff.
I love it that people are so passionate about their teams.
I did end up buying a Lambeau stadium Christmas tree ornament as a souvenir of our trip.
After we finished looking through the gift shop, we went upstairs to look at the atrium.
It was a huge area.
They offered stadium tours and there was a Hall of Fame as well but we opted to not do either of those.
This is where the entrance to General seating was.
Some players - I must admit - I don't know anything about them.
You could go outside from here - this was up on the second floor.
One more shot of the place before we go.
This was from the side.
We had talked to a lady at the info booth in Lambeau and asked for food recommendations - she told us about Title Town which was right across the street.
It had a bunch of different things going on including several restaurants so we went and checked it out.
There was a brewery there called Hinterland - we went there to get something to eat.
It was decorated nicely inside.
There were some deer heads.
There was seating outside and since it was so nice, we opted to sit out there.
There was a good view of Lambeau Field right across the street.
This whole space over here is called Title Town.
We ordered a burger for lunch which we planned on sharing.
We asked for an extra plate but the went one step further and cut the burger in half for us and served us each our own plate with half a burger and some fries.
It was a butter burger and it was fantastic.
Then they had a sweet cream brulee with sour cherries on top and it was really good too.
I think it's the first time I've ever had cream brulee.
After we ate, we walked around to check out Title Town.
They have this hill that people sled down in the winter.
I wonder if anyone rolls down it in the summer?
It's also huge.
There was this whole wall covered with these flowering creeping vines - so pretty.
There was a great park for the kiddos.
Lots of different equipment.
This climbing structure was shaped like a football.
There was a whole football field right next to it.
Then there was a 40 yard dash.
Meant also for the kids.
You could run it and it would time you on the display down at the other end.
There were giant pots of plants and they were so healthy looking and lush.
Full of beautiful flowers in bloom.
I love the shape and color of these flowers and of course, Jason managed to capture a bee in the flower when he took the picture.
There were tons of these plant pots all along the edge of the parking lot.
And they all had different kinds of flowers in them.
The flowers weren't as bright in some of them but it was still pretty.
This one had eucalyptus in it - I've never seen it aside from dried before.
There were giant replicas of all of the super bowl rings.
I thought that was pretty awesome.
We finished up at Title Town then hit the road for our next destination, Ephraim in Door County.
We saw so many farms and barns along the drive.
I like the quilt square on the side of this one.
We had booked a room at Pine Grove in a small town called Ephraim which was in Door County.
We fell in love with it on the drive down.
This is the place we'll be staying.
Our room was in the back which was fine.
This big building in the center there housed the pool and the hot tub.
It was right across the street from the lake.
This is the back side, our room was the first one on the top left here.
We checked in and took our luggage to our room.
It was nice and spacious.
I liked the decor.
I like how they did the wall behind the bed and might like to try to duplicate it at home.
It had it's own little balcony.
Everyone is so patriotic.
I like it.
The hotel had it's own private beach across the street that guests could use.
There were fire pits, chairs and even a little hut with a bbq.
This was next door.
I like the rustic look of it.
The lake - Ephraim, Wisconsin.
This is the private beach area of the place we were staying at.
This was looking back across the street at our hotel.
This was looking up the street back the way we'd just come.
We headed that way.
We passed the Ephraim Yacht Club.
Lots of nice boats.
Jason spotted a nice old truck parked there.
This looked like another hotel type spot.
We stopped in at the tourist information booth to find out about the ferry to Washington Island which we are thinking about taking tomorrow.
There was a fish boil going on - we checked it out and kind of considered doing it but decided not to.
Another hotel - it looked so nice.
The lake was looking nice too, lots of spots to sit and just enjoy it.
It was hot and sunny out - a glorious summer day.
There were gorgeous flowers in bloom every where.
I love the ombre effect of these flowers.
The fading of the shades of pinks is so pretty.
All the flowers blooming along the side of this cottage were gorgeous.
The door was inviting.
I liked this building.
It was the Village Hall.
We passed this spot and it advertised that it had ice cream so we went in for one.
It was sweltering out.
It was really old school inside.
I was expecting soft serve but it wasn't.
They had lots of flavors to choose from.
Jason got 2 scoops.
I just got one scoop, I got the Cookie Monster.
It was really good but it was so hot that it was melting super fast, I was sweating buckets and there were wasps flying around us relentlessly.
I just couldn't relax and I couldn't sit still - my glasses kept falling off.
I gave up on the ice cream and ditched it and we carried on walking.
This is kind of main part of town.
There are lots of docks and the water is nice and clear.
More gorgeous flowers.
Another beautiful hotel - white is a popular house color here.
You know I love it when the sunshine sparkles on the lake.
This old car was parked on the lawn of a house in the center of town.
Jason was drawn to that.
I was drawn to the gardens and flower beds around the little house.
There were more of the ombre flowers.
Jason noticed some stairs off in the back here that took you up by the church you can see peeking out behind the tree.
He wanted to walk up there and check it out so we did.
These flowers were all along the side of the stairs.
There is the church.
This is looking back down the way we just came.
One more set of stairs to go.
Now we had an even better view.
Hot and sweaty but we made it.
We passed by this house up there and the flower beds were immaculate.
We decided to go for a walk around up there.
This hedge was awesome - so tall and thick.
There was an old fashioned log cabin with the chink and everything.
A graveyard - we enjoy a good graveyard.
We like to wander around and look at the headstones but we didn't take much time to do this tonight.
A little road umbrella'd by trees - I love how this looks.
Found a little back road that looked so inviting.
So pretty.
Interesting gate decor.
An old boot concreted up or something.
Some little surprises in the nooks and crannies of a tree.
Another.
I love when the road is all shaded by the canopy of the trees like this but then some light does filter through here and there.
Nice old stone fence post.
Patriotism is alive and well here too.
I liked the red, white and blue whilygigs.
And the pathway leading up to the house - it looked like a nice house tucked away in the woods there.
Jason liked this sign post.
He didn't notice at first that the top of it was a carving of a man.
Using the piece of wood as a plant pot looked great.
The curve in the road makes it look so mysterious and inviting at the same time.
It makes you want to go around the bend to see what will be there.
I liked these metal goats one of the house had randomly in there yard.
Making our way back down we were treated to a view of the lake.
Once we made it back to the road, we continued on our way and saw more beautiful flowers - they were every where.
Black eyed susans.
Not sure what these are but I know they are pretty.
We passed an old fire station with some old fire trucks.
They look like they are well taken care of.
Memorial Fire Museum.
This place was just stunning.
Just overflowing with beauty.
I love the vibrant colors.
We just couldn't get over the beauty of the place.
So many white places.
I never heard of Door County until just last week when I watched an YouTube video the Lovenesters put up and I am so grateful that I learned about it and that we came here to see it in person.
We happened upon this little area that had some shops and food spots.
There was a Peirogi place.
The menu was appealing to us so we ordered some food.
Prince of Peirogi.
We got pierogi's of course.
Then we got Biga which is kind of like a tomato based stew.
And we also got an cabbage roll.
We tried to sit outside there and eat it but the wasps were relentless and I just couldn't do it so we packed it up to take back to the room with us.
We made it back to the center of town to Harborside Park.
There was a free concert starting at 6 and lots of people were there waiting for it to begin.
Right at 6 though, the church bells started ringing and they kept going and going.
Church bells.
We weren't expecting much but when they started, they were great, the singer had a lovely voice.
Free concert.
She has a lovely voice.
That's some great guitarin' right there!
We sat and watched a few songs and we likely would have stayed longer but Jason wanted to get out for a run and the wasps were at us again so that part I did not enjoy.
I did look them up when we got back to the room.
The singer was Katie Dahl and then these two musicians were with her.
They were great.
She had made this post earlier about the very concert we saw.
The sun was starting to go down when we got back to our hotel.
So we went and sat at the beach for a bit and watched it.
The sky and the water did look beautiful.
Jason tried to do a time lapse video but it ended up not being very dramatic.
He headed out for his run and saw some interesting things along the way.
Like this wonderful looking old table.
A cool sign.
This dog cut out.
The boats with lights on the lake.
Meanwhile, I grabbed my laptop and went and sat on this veranda area to work on my blog.
There were loungers there so I just got comfy in one and went to work but was also still able to enjoy the lovely evening.
I do love patio lights so the ambience was great.
And I was treated to a stunning view of the sky over the lake.
When Jason got back, we went for a swim in the pool.
The temperature was just perfect.
We did go in the hot tub for a bit as well.
Afterwards, we went back outside and sat on a couple of loungers and I continued to work on my blog - he worked on an Instagram post.
It was such a lovely evening, we sat out there together until they turned the lights out on us and even stayed for a while after that.
We did finally call it a night around 11:30.
I reached my step goal and then some.
That's all for today, until next time, be happy!










































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment