Thursday, 3 September 2026

Osh Kosh - Pilora's, Wauwatosa - Mama Rosa, Madison - Alimentari and Salvatore's (Sept.2, 2026)

 We got up and found a spot for breakfast.

Pilora's Cafe had good reviews and cornbread pancakes on the menu so that's where I wanted to go.

I liked how they had it decorated.

It all looks new and clean.

I liked this design they had on the wall.
It felt like wood but I couldn't figure out how they'd done it.
So I asked the lady, she said it was peel & stick flooring.
I think I'd like to do this on our bedroom wall.

Each of our orders came with a small side salad - they were interesting options.
I picked the grape salad - grapes, pecans and a sweet sauce.
Jason picked the garbanzo bean salad - it had pecans to and a creamy sauce.
Both were really really good.
I think I could eat a bucket of both.

Of course I ordered the cornbread pancakes - they came with pecans and they were super.

Jason got the corned beef hash.

I couldn't eat much but what I did eat was really good.

On the way out, Jason noticed this old fashioned sign - he really liked it.

We made a stop at TJ Maxx and had a look around.

We also made a quick stop at Walmart too - It was a nice one - really clean.
They were doing a coloring contest for the kids which was nice.

We decided that we would get on the road right after that.
We had a longer drive today because I wanted to make a stop that was an hour and a half out of our way.

I am just in love with all of these big trees.
We don't have trees like this at home.

The place I wanted to go to was Firefly Grove Park because one of Thomas Dambo's trolls was there and I've been wanting to see one since I discovered him on Instagram.

I was expecting to maybe have to hike through some woods to look for the troll but as soon as pulled in to park, I saw her.

She was just as spectacular as I was hoping.

Mama Rosa.

It was a beautiful park.

It was immaculately kept.

So of course we had to walk around and have a look.

This little hedge looks like it would be a nice place to play for kiddos.

It had a really nice kid park.

Then we got up close with Mama Rose - she was a sight to behold.

Look at the details on her toes.

They are made out of recycled materials.

The details are amazing.

A nice couple offered to take a picture of us with Mama Rosa so we took them up on it.

She was holding all these lamp posts 

I hadn't noticed it before but there were several lamp posts that looked broken off like this and the idea is that Mama Rosa was picking them like flowers.

Apparently, they light up too - I wish I could be here in the dark so I could see that.

Such a cool little detail.

We pulled ourselves away from Mama Rosa finally and wandered around the rest of the park to check it out.

This bench was so colorful.

Just like every other place we've gone to, there were lots of beautiful flowers.
This one was about as big as my head.

The park had this neat teeter totter - way safer than the ones I played on as a kid.
Way more comfortable too.

This bench was interesting.

A fairy bench.

It was a small park - but a nice one.

We could see this since we'd got to the park and we wanted to get up close to it.

I've never seen anything like this before.

It was called Sacred Rhythm Mother.

It was wood around a metal frame.

It was open in the back.

You could go inside of it.

The hand sticking out of the ground was cool.

It was neat how you could see Mama Rosa from almost every where in the park.

These were some of the animals that were on the hand of the girl in the hill.

I like the green head on the duck.

The beaver was so cute.

As were the turtles.

I'm so glad that we got to see her and was totally worth going out of the way.
We looked at her one more time then hit the road for Madison.

It was just over an hour and a half drive, we went straight to this sandwich shop that we'd tried to go last time we were in Madison.
They were out of bread last time so we thought we'd try again.
Alimentari.

Some artwork on the wall inside.

It's like an upscale deli, you go in and order your food then they make it fresh for you.

We each got a sandwich.

Jason got the Spicy Soppressata

Doesn't that look good?

I got the roast beef with horseradish aioli.

We took our sandwiches to the park, found a bench and sat and ate them.

I love the vibrant green color of this tree - stunning!

After we ate, we went for a walk around the park.

It was right on a lake and you could rent all kinds of different canoe, kayaks and other assorted water craft.

Such a nice park - the trees were wonderful.

There was a free library with The Hungry Caterpillar on the side.

There were lots of little bunnies around.

Random artwork in the park.

We did eat here last time, the Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream and they have the best ice cream I've ever had.

They have tons of flavors.

Jason got Zanzibar Chocolate and Blue Moon.

I got Heaps of Love.
It was just as good as I remember.

We drove into downtown Madison and got checked into our hotel.
I had to take a picture of where I parked so I could remember.

We stayed at the same place as last time because I really liked it.
The Madison Concourse Hotel.

We had a great view of the capital building from our room.
It is a gorgeous building.

We went out for a walk and saw some more bunnies.
Jason was going to go for a run and I was just going to do some walking.

We headed toward the water thinking we might be able to find a trail along the water.
There were tons of old brick buildings all over the place.

This looked promising.
We walked all the way down a bunch of stairs then when we got down there, there was nowhere to go.
It was just a dock where a bunch of people were swimming.

So we went back up the stairs and kept on walking.
We found directions to a park nearby and headed that way.

We found the park and it was right on the water.
We've been treated to so many gorgeous skies while we've been here.

Another brick building.

So many docks and boats all over the place here.

There were tons of people out playing basketball and just enjoying the evening.

Jason went for a run and I put my headphones on so I could listen to my book and I went for a walk.

I passed some really impressive homes.

I love all the details on this one.

They were gigantic.

This house had a fancy iron fence all around it.

I snuck my phone through the fence so I could take a picture.
There was a rocking horse in the window that I liked.

So many beautiful homes.

When I got back to the park where Jason and I planned to meet, it was starting to get dark.

The sky had all the colors of the rainbow and I love how that looks.

Jason made it back from his run.

Then we walked over to a place to have some supper, Salvatore's.

They had an outdoor seating area but the waitress said the gnats were bad so we ate inside.

We got meatballs for an appetizer.

We got two small pizzas.
We got the Figgy Piggy that had figs and prosciutto.

Then the Tomato pie.

The pizza was good but I couldn't eat much.

Walking back we knew where to go because we could see the capital building.

Did pretty good with the steps today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment