Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Started on the Bathroom Upgrade (Sept.26, 2026)

I was up early this morning, had a coffee then got right to work.

I started stripping everything out of the bathroom then got to work cleaning everything.

My plan is to wash everything, the ceiling and walls.

Then I'll do the painting, I'm going to paint the ceilings and the cupboard.

Then I'm going to sand down this cabinet and give it a new coat of stain.

I bought a new light fixture and medicine cabinet but I need to leave these up until I'm at the wallpaper stage just so I can see.

When I started painting, the paint was not covering properly, it was kind of weird.

When I painted our living room and hallway, the paint ended up peeling off because I think that the paint underneath it was oil based.

I was worried this would happen in the bathroom so I decided I better give it a coat of primer first just to avoid that happening so that's what I did.

I primed the ceiling and the closet then while I was waiting for it to dry, I worked on laundry, brought the Halloween decorations, started decorating and just did general cleaning.

The kitties were having a nice snuggle.

I did get the ceiling and the closet painted then I also sanded down the cabinet and gave it a coat of stain but that's as far as I got.
I will have to finish the rest up tomorrow but that's fine.

Jason cooked up some chili and buns for supper - yum!

We sat down and watched Practical Magic.
There is a part 2 out right now and I want to see it so I thought I'd get caught up and watch this one first.

When it was over, it went right into another old movie, Under the Tuscan Sun so I just watched it too.

While we watched the movie, Jason made a house for Ivy.
He plans on hiding it out in the woods in this gulley area in town.

He also made this fairy to go with it.

I didn't get out for a run but still managed to get lots of steps in today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment