Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Bathroom Refresh Complete - Almost (Sept.27, 2026)

 I was up early again this morning, chilled and had a coffee before getting back to work.

It was weird not having any kiddos here but Kody and Haylee took them to the city to go swimming and stuff.

Jason got a letter ready to go to put in the fairy house that he's going to hide in the woods for Freya to find.

There's a little trail that goes through this gulley area here in town so he took it there and went off the trail a bit to find a spot to hide it.
I think she will be quite excited to find it.

Then he came home and cooked up some bacon dusted with flour.
It makes it extra crispy when you cook it this way.
I had a bacon sandwich for my breakfast and it was fantastic.

It ended up being a gorgeous day so Jason went out and worked on some projects like fixing up some of his Halloween characters.

I got back to work in the bathroom.
The paint was all dry so I was ready to get to the wallpaper.

It was peel & stick and the first time I've ever done that.
It went up pretty well, I had difficulties in the corners getting it to go on smoothly but overall I think it turned out good.

I love how well the color of the ceiling goes with the wallpaper.

I also put a coat of wax sealer on the cabinet that I stained.

Then the final step was having Jason install the new light fixture and the new medicine cabinet.

The medicine cabinet is quite heavy and solid.
I ordered it off of Amazon so I wasn't sure what I was going to end up with but it's great.

I also finished up decorating for Halloween and got all the bins taken back downstairs.

I like how the fireplace area looks.
I might sew up some ghost banners if I have time.

I did the coffee bar area too.

I stuck some little spiders in here and there - I might pick up some more and just put them all over the place.
I'm also thinking about making some of the paper chains that are so popular right now.

I thought I could get the bathroom knocked out in a day then when that didn't happen I thought I would finish up early today but it pretty much took the whole entire day and I didn't even get any of the stuff put back in there yet so technically I'm still not done.

I'm really liking it though and so happy that I finally got a big project knocked off the list.

I got all my steps in and then some, in fact my feet were hurting at the end of the day from being on them so much.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment