Friday 31 January 2020

Off To Calgary In The Freezing Cold (Jan.14, 2020)

I had a meeting to get to in Calgary at 2:30 so I was on the road by 7 am.
It was a cold one out there. 

The temperature gauge in the truck doesn't go any lower than -40C.
 
But when I stopped for a coffee and had a look, it was showing -42C out there.
This was close to 9 am so I figure when I left at 7 this morning, it was even colder.
 
Kind of is!

It took almost an hour for me to feel warm in the truck.
I was pretty toasty after that.
It was actually nice and peaceful to drive and watch the sun come up.

Kind of pretty.

It was so cold that everything was just white.
This isn't snow, it's just the air.

I stopped for gas in Barrhead and you could barely see anything.

This is the road.
I had to drive super slow.
Thankfully it didn't stay like this the whole entire time - that would have been a long drive.

Heard some good tunes on my drive.
 
I stopped in Red Deer at Tim Hortons for a pee break and some lunch.
While I was there, my SIL, Miss M, sent me this drawing that Mr H did for me.
Awww, it's so sweet.
 
It was close to 2 when I finally arrived in Calgary.
I was staying at the Residence Inn downtown which is a fairly new hotel, just opened in October.
They had no room left in their underground parking so I had to go park in a lot next door which annoyed me because I couldn't plug the truck in.
In the end, it was fine so my annoyance was wasted.
 
The room was really nice.
 
I've not seen a lay out like it before but I liked it.

There was a kitchen area, a living room area and a nice king size bed.

There was a great view of the Calgary Tower from my room.
 
After I checked in and dropped my things off in my room, I headed over to the office.
I had to walk and it was still super cold out.
I had my scarf wrapped around my face and it was making my glasses fog up and then they actually froze up.
I had to take them off to be able to see.
 
I found my way and got to my meeting in time.
Then I had another meeting after that.
Once the meetings were done, I found a computer to work on and answered some emails before heading back to the hotel.
 
I still needed some steps so I found the gym.

The treadmills had screens that looked like tv's but you couldn't get any channels on them.
You could watch YouTube so that's what I ended up doing.
 
The first machine I started on suddenly just froze up and I couldn't get it going again so I moved over to the next treadmill.
So I was actually on it for longer than this.
 
Here are the workout stats from the second treadmill.
 
Looking pretty rough but I got my 10,000 steps in.
 
 


There was a coffee shop attached to the hotel so I went there to get some supper.
They had salads and sandwiches pre-packaged that they make every morning.
I had a salad.

And a sandwich.
They were ok but I think I'll find somewhere else tomorrow night.

I took the food back to my room and got comfy on the couch.
I ate then blogged a bit before calling it a night.

Back home today, My Honey gave Miss H and Baby F a ride to Barrhead.
She had to work the next couple of days.
Baby F was all ready to go in her favorite coat and hat.

Look at that sweet smile.

Now she's looking kind of serious.
My Honey just loves spending time with her so he was happy to give them a ride.
My son went for the drive too and they went and looked at vehicles at a few dealerships in Barrhead but I don't think he found anything that really interested him.
He's looking though and he'll find something eventually.
 
 
That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment