Tuesday 7 January 2020

Christmas Eve & I'm Ready! (Dec.24, 2019)


Here it is, it's Christmas Eve.
I don't think I've ever been so ready before, I'm feeling good.

I had finished up the words on the stencil yesterday so I added the line markers for the height.
It went right up into the words I had on the top which I'm not sure if I like or not.

I added some white to the letters when I was painting them so it would have kind of a faded look, I sanded it back some too.
I'm at the point now where I want to add the numbers.
My Honey picked up house numbers for me and I painted them purple to match but when I set them out on the growth chart, I think they are looking too big.

So I made some smaller numbers with the Cricut, I'm not sure which I prefer - I'm going to think on it.

My Honey had cooked up pork and turkey a few weeks back to make meat pies.
He's the cook around here but he never did have the time to get to the crust making part so I decided I would take that on today.
I'm not very experienced when it comes to making pies but I gave it a go.

I made six pies and it went much smoother than I expected.
The finished product looked great and tasted great too.
The crust was golden and flaky looking - I was proud of myself.

I cut myself a piece, added some molasses (its a PEI thing) and sat down to enjoy it.

My niece dropped off her gifts for everyone.
She is going to spend the evening with her boyfriend's family tonight but they'll be over tomorrow to open gifts and have supper.

I'm all ready to go so I just sat and enjoyed the decorations. 

I Facetimed with my sister and the boys for a bit.
They were doing science experiments.

They mixed together corn starch, water and a bit of food coloring and it makes this solution that is hard as a rock when you punch it but then if you just pressed on it softly, your hand would sink into it.

The boys thought that was great.

My beautiful sister - I'm hoping she gets posted somewhere closer next year so we can spend Christmas together.

My handsome nephews.

Around 6, mom and I headed over to my brothers place.
My Honey is going to meet us over there when he gets off work.
My son also is spending today with his honey's family in Barrhead so I'll see them tomorrow.

As soon as we got there, the kids wanted to open their one Christmas eve present.

They had the one they wanted to open ready to go.


Mr H's was a two part one.

He tore through the first box, the bag was a bit harder to get into.

Miss A got hers open, it was a new housecoat and she loved it.

Mr H finally got his open and it was a new housecoat too.

We hung out for a bit and listened to Christmas music.

One of his other gifts was a new mug and he thought that was just great.


Then he got his favorite - a little video game.

He sat with us at the table, 

But he was glued to his game from then on.

My Honey stopped by after work. It was his last day of shift, he's actually going to be off for Christmas for the first time in a few years which is nice!

He did take a break from his game to test out some of the candy he got.


Just chilling with Mom.

He wanted My Honey to sit with him and help him (watch him), play his new game.
We hung out until about 9 then we headed home so they could get the kids to bed.

I put on It's A Wonderful Life because I always watch it on Christmas Eve.
I only made it part way through and I was getting sleepy so we headed to bed.
Need to get to sleep so the big guy in red can come!
I'll finish up watching it in the morning.

Miss H's mom posted this picture from their Christmas yesterday.
Miss Z, Miss H and Baby F, what a sweet picture.
Ha ha!
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment