Saturday 25 January 2020

Undecorating (Jan.5, 2020)

I slept in a bit this morning, it was close to 9 when I finally got up.
I felt like I missed part of the day but I was really tired so it was well worth it.

I made a coffee and put on an episode of Dolly Parton's HeartStrings.
It's pretty amazing when a 1 hour show can stir up so many emotions.

I had a bagel for breakfast with cream cheese and jam.
So good.

The first one I watched was so good that I just started watching the second one but I was undecorating at the same time.

The tree is entirely bare.
I'll have to wait for My Honey to get home to help me get it outside.

I had the lights in a pile in front of the tree and I left them lit so I wouldn't accidentally walk on them and break any of them.

Just untangling them ate up a huge chunk of my time today but they are put back away all neatly, just the way I like.

I was hauling things up and down the stairs all day long, brought up the empty containers, filled them up then took them back down.

I think undecorating is more work than decorating is.

It's sadder too because everything looks so bare.

It's what I spent the day doing and it took me the entire day too.

I invited my son and family over for supper so I took a bit of a break while they were there.
He and Baby F are both feeling better (she was sick yesterday too) but now it looks like the flu might be hitting Miss H.

I washed up all the clothes I'd picked up for Baby F at the second hand store and gave them to her.
She's indifferent but her mama liked them.

They didn't stay that long and as soon as they left I got right back to it.
I kind of wanted to just quit and leave the rest for tomorrow but when My Honey got home, tired as he was, he took the tree out for me.
So I thought if he could do it when he was so tired, I could keep going to.

I ended up getting everything packed back up and put away.
It felt great.

The next step will be to bring all the other stuff back up but I'm not in a big hurry for that.

I got my 10,000 steps all on my own again today, no need for the treadmill.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment