Sunday 26 January 2020

Symphony (Jan.11, 2020)

We weren't in a huge rush to get to the city so when we woke up, we had coffees and breakfast and just kind of puttered around for a few hours.

Eventually we decided we should get ready and head out.
Don't know what it is about suitcases but as soon as Paddington sees an open one, he's in it.

We packed all around him and he just stayed put.

It was about 2:30 when we finally headed in.
The roads were nice and clear and it was a sunny day so nice day for a drive.

Lunch was our first stop when we made it to the city.
My Honey wanted his favorite, pho, which was fine with me.
I had green onion cakes for an appetizer.
They normally come with Thai sweet chilli sauce for dipping but I always ask for their fish sauce instead, I just love the stuff!
I drop my onion cakes in it so they can soak up as much as possible.

I had a bowl of pho too and it was really good.
Seemed to have a lot of noodles this time and less broth.
I prefer the opposite but I can never finish either way and today was no exception.

After we ate we did a bit of shopping.
I was looking for a pair of dress pants because I have to go to Calgary next week for work and I don't really have any nice dress pants.

We went to West Edmonton Mall because a few stores I like are there (Pennington's and Addition Elle) and also, we wanted to get our steps in.

I did end up finding some pants and a really nice pink summery jacket for $23.00!
I was happy about my find.

Once I had that done, I walked to the other end of the mall just to get some steps in.
I connected with My Honey and when we got to the food court at the other end of the mall we were pleasantly surprised to find this....

Potato Corner.
It's the place we fell in love with in Albuquerque.
We just had to have some.
I guess they opened here in October so just a few months ago.

We shared an order, half cheddar, half sour cream.
They were just as good as I remember.

My Honey looked the chain up while we were eating and it turns out it got it's start in the Philippines back in 1992, almost 30 years ago!

We walked some more after that until I got my 10,000 steps then it was time to head downtown to the Winspear Center.

We had a bit of a hard time finding a spot but it's always like that downtown.
We had a bit of a walk from the spot that we found and it was really cold outside.
We are heading into a super cold snap here in Alberta.
I know there are a lot of homeless people here and I really feel for them, I was frozen just walking outside for 5 minutes.

We were seeing Beethoven's Eroica Symphony.

We were fairly close to the front so we could see the musicians really well.
I enjoy watching their facial expressions while they play.

Ready for the show to start.

There was a pianist - Charles Richard-Hamelin that joined them for a bit.
He was really fantastic.
He came out for an encore and dedicated his performance to the folks that were lost in the flight that was just shot down in Iran.
Such a tragedy.

When we got back outside it was even colder.
There was a guy out there busking, playing music and singing for money so we just had to give him some.

We went straight to the hotel and checked in.
I was looking at Facebook a bit and saw that Miss H had posted a couple of pictures of Baby F.
I just love her in pigtails, they look so cute on her.

There she is in her coat and hat again, she just loves it.

This is 100% me!


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment