Tuesday 21 June 2022

Time With Freya and First Leg of Our Trip to Newfoundland (May 25, 2022)

We are flying out to NFLD today and so we had Freya sleep over last night just so we could spend some time with her before we left.

I picked up this little dress for her at Walmart over the weekend when Mom and I went shopping and it's so cute on her.

She wouldn't let me brush her hair this morning but she did let me put it up in a bun.

Kody & Haylee are really trying to get rid of the bubba so I have a feeling that this may be the last time I see her with one.
It's kind of sad because it means that she is growing up.

Cutest little head bopper ever.
She isn't much for words first thing in the morning just like her Grandma.

I kept thinking that we had all this time today before we had to leave for the airport but really, our flight was leaving at 3 so we had to be to the airport by 1 which meant we had to leave home by 10.

I had considered moving my rest day from today to tomorrow but I hadn't packed or anything so I just left today as my rest day and that gave me the whole morning to pack and shower and get the house cleaned up a bit before we left.

We headed out on time and getting through security was a breeze.

We had plenty of time to kill so we went to Chilli's for a bite to eat.

Jason had a salad.

I had the quesadilla's.

We flew with Air Canada and our flight was pretty uneventful, just the way I like them.
We landed in Toronto at midnight and unfortunately, we had a 6 hour layover there.
Nothing was open in the airport because it was so late.

I walked around until I got my 13,000 steps in then we looked for a place that we could maybe lay down and get some sleep.

There are rows and rows of chairs in the airport but they all have arm rests sticking up so they were no good for laying on.

We found this section with some Adirondack chairs so we tried to make ourselves comfortable on those.

We stayed on them for an hour or two but the wooden slats on them were getting very uncomfortable so eventually we ditched those and just found a spot on the floor kind of away from everything and we laid down there.

I might have gotten an hour of sleep if I was lucky.

I noticed around 5 that Tim Horton's was open and there was already a gigantic line so I just left Jason sleeping and got in line to get us coffees and breakfast.

Our next flight to St. John's leaves at 6 am and I'll pick back up there for tomorrow's blog entry.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment