Monday 20 June 2022

15k Run, Happy Birthday Jason and Messages from Dad (May 22, 2022)

 Sunday and I had a 15k run to do today, needless to say, I wasn't looking forward to it.

I kept looking at my training schedule hoping it might change - it didn't! 
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I took pictures for when I'm away because I forgot to when we went to NYC and there were a couple days I had to guess at.
This is for May.

Then this is June - we're going to my sisters in NS for a week and I figured if I took this now, I'd for sure have it in case I forgot to later.

I procrastinated all morning long so it noon by the time I finally headed out for my run.

I took it slow, got really creative with my route and I got the 15k done!

My exercise details.
My average heart rate was pretty good, 156 bpm.

My average pace and splits.
7.43 is pretty good.
The run actually felt better today than it did the last two days right up until I only had .6k to go then I really wanted to quit but I wouldn't let myself.

My check in video for today.

When I got home, I had a soak in a hot bath with epsom salts again.
Thought it would be good for my legs.

Then I went down to the store and picked up the ingredients to make supper for Jason since today is his birthday.

I wanted to make something that we don't often have and the perfect idea came to me - cabbage rolls.
I made them from scratch and they are a lot of work but they are so worth it.

Jason has been trying to stay on track with WW too so he didn't want a cake or anything, so I got him a puffed rice square instead.

I also got him some scratch tickets and lots of his favorite popcorn.
I want to get him tickets to something like a concert or event but had a look and couldn't really find anything so those may have to follow at a later date.

Freya went with Crystal and Zepplyn and Randy to Jurassic Park in Fort Saskatchewan today - looks like they had a really nice day for it.

Climbing on the dinosaur.

Argh - the dinosaur is going to get us!

With Auntie Zepp and Papa Randie.

Checking out all the dinosaurs.

Wooly mammoth.

😱😱😱😱😱

This dinosaur seems much tamer.

Zepp looks so grown up with her glasses.

Couple of cute little hatchlings.

My Dad's obituary that was posted on the Funeral Home's website.
It was my first time seeing it today.
I'm going to write another one, a bit longer, and have it published in the newspaper in PEI.

Honestly, I'm still kind of in disbelief - I have kind of been pushing it aside - I don't want to think about it or believe that it's true.

I discovered two messages on my phone from him from a long time ago that I didn't know that I had and I was so happy.
I usually delete messages as soon as I listen to them so it's just a fluke that I hadn't deleted these ones.

Now I need to find a way to record them to make sure I never lose him, I was so worried that I was going to forget how he sounded, especially the way he always called me sweetheart in his soft, gentle way.

I'm so scared that I'll forget.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment