Saturday 4 June 2022

Central Park, Prince St Pizza, Rubirosa and The Music Man (May 12, 2022)

 We had a good sleep last night - our bed was actually quite comfortable, and I felt nice and refreshed when I got up this morning.

I had an 8k run to do today so we got ready and headed over to Central Park.

It is only 3 stops away on the subway which is awesome.

It was another gorgeous day in the park.
As always, I felt great once my work out was completed.

I did a loop in Central Park and I thought it was just under 2k so I figured that if I did it 4 times I'd have my 8k.

I tried not to look at my Fitbit until I finished the four loops - it sometimes is disappointing to see that I haven't completed as much of my run as I hoped.

In this case however, I miscalculated somehow and when I finally did look at my Fitbit, I had run 10.78k.

Way over what I needed but better that I guess than to be way under.


My exercise details and average heart rate.
I had the roaming turned off on my phone so no average pace and splits.
I'll have to remember to turn it on for tomorrow's run.

My video check in for today.

I met back up with Jason and we headed back to the hotel to get changed and ready for the day.

After we got washed up and changed, we decided to go for some breakfast so we hopped on the subway.

I just love that you can take the subway and go just about anywhere.

The Queensboro Plaza stop is the closest to our hotel and so we'll be seeing this view lots on this trip.

Ready to do some exploring.

Our first order of business was to get some breakfast.
We sent to a bagel place on Broadway St in Queens.
I had a poppy seed bagel with white fish.

While we were there, there were two ladies next to us and I overheard them talking about buying tickets to a show so I asked if they had tickets to a show tonight and if they'd like a couple tickets to The Music Man.

We had 4 extra and hadn't been able to sell them so at this point, we just wanted someone to use them.

At first, they declined, it was a mother & daughter and the daughter said her mom had an early bedtime.
Then she must have thought about it a bit and reconsidered because she asked her mom if she'd be ok to be left alone a bit tonight and said maybe she'd take one afterall.

She was shocked when we said we wanted no money for it, just for someone to be able to go and she was very appreciative.

So that's 1 ticket down, 3 to go.

We left there and headed over to Manhattan.

I've been wanting to try some Hoka's and we found a Hoka store near the Flat Iron district so that's where we went.
We both ended up getting a pair, they have carbon plates in them and they were quite pricey but I do look forward to trying them out.

We did some more shopping, didn't really buy much but it was fun to look around.

After shopping we headed to Prince Street for our favorite pizza.
I couldn't wait to get my teeth into it.

Yum yum, get in my belly!

This is still my favorite pizza of all time - I haven't found any that I like better yet and I'm not sure if I ever will to be perfectly honest.
No trip to NYC would ever be complete without a stop here.

Then since we were right beside it, we decided to knock Rubirosa off the list too.
I was craving a vodka slice again.

It's quite small and dark inside the restaurant.
I like it though, at least you can eat in there.

We shared a Rubirosa salad.

Then we got a tie-dye pizza as I was craving a vodka slice again.
This one has the vodka, tomato and pesto.
It was good - the pesto was a bit overpowering so couldn't really taste the vodka but it was very good.

My Honey.
We tried to give the other three tickets away to the servers at the restaurant because there wasn't much time left before the show but they were all working so no takers.

We left Rubirosa and headed straight to the theatre for the show.

It was playing at Winter Garden - I'm was so excited to be seeing both Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster.

Our playbills.

The tickets.

Snuck a quick picture before the show started.

Waiting for the show to start.
You had to wear masks in the theater which I didn't mind.

The show was really good, both Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster did a great job.

After the show, we went for a walk in Times Square and they had all these giant playbills on display there.
Pretty cool.

Funny Girl is one of the shows I am hoping to maybe see while we are here.

Jason got me tickets to see Six for my birthday and we'll be going to see that tomorrow night.
I'm pretty excited about it!

We saw Book of Mormon years ago but it was so good, I'd go see it again.

It was the day we'd gone to the Bronx Zoo and we got lost and couldn't find the subway station and we walked back and forth, back and forth, for hours.

And it was super hot that day too - we were both miserable and exhausted by time we got to the show so not in the best spirits so I've always thought we should go again.

Come From Away is another show that we've seen and it was also really good.

We saw Billy Crystal a few years back too but in a different show - we also really enjoyed that show.

Times Square is always so cool to see.

We headed back to LIC and decided to stop for a bit to eat at a burger place very near the hotel.

We'd eaten at a place called The Baroness last time and it was fantastic, this place is called The Huntress and appears to be like a sister restaurant or something.

They have the outdoor seating here as well and since it was such a lovely evening, we decided to sit out there.

Look at that fancy detail over the door, love it!

Another little seating area by the building.
I just love these - they are so charming.

The menu.

We had deep fried pickles.

I had the Alice.

Jason had the Etta which was the blue chees burger and he took this awesome photo of it.

My new Hoka's I got today.

I love the look of them, Can't wait to give them a test run.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment