Tuesday 28 June 2022

Hilly Run and Bad Bones Ramen (May 28, 2022)

We slept in a bit this morning then once we did get up, we sat and visited with Dee for a bit again.
It was after 11 before we finally got out the door for our runs.

It was a bit dreary looking out there.

Temperature wise, really nice.

Dee told me there was this road I could go on that went down by the beach and it looped up to the highway then back to her place so I thought I'd give that a try.

It did take me down to a beach area.

Then the road up to the highway was a very steep hill - I tried to run up it but couldn't make it the whole way so had to walk a bit of it.

There was a little road just next to the house so I went down it just to see where it went and there was a great view of the ocean up there.

I was supposed to run 10k today and I ended up running 11.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.
It was during my 3rd km that I had to walk a bit on the hill.
We are pretty close to sea level here so I thought my average pace would be better but there are also a LOT of hills here, more than at home even and tougher so I'm ok with the 8.2.

My video check in for today.

It cleared up pretty nicely by the end of our run.

This is Dad & Dee's place - I was happy to see it after my run.

We had planned on heading to the city for some ramen today and bringing Dee with us but she ultimately decided to stay home so Jason and I headed in to St. John's.
We did a bit of shopping first.

Then we went to Bad Bones Ramen.

The menu.

Their decor is all this bones theme.

They even had this butterfly skeleton - so cute.

We had gyoza to start - it was super good.

Jason's ramen. - He had the Fried Chicken Curry.

I had the Pork Tantamen.
It's ground up pork and I actually prefer my pork that way.
The ramen was really good - I think black tonkotsu is still my favorite though.

They had mango sticky rice for dessert so we gave that a try.

After our meal, we headed back to Dee's.
We spent the evening just visiting again.

She showed me this picture of Dad when he was in the hospital.

She said that he was on oxygen because he was having a hard time breathing and he was cold so she brought him a blanket from home.

This is likely the last picture that was taken of him.

I so wish I could have seen him one more time.
I loved him so much.

Haylee posted a few pictures and I love seeing them.

Having a family movie night.

Rainy day.
She insisted she needed that umbrella so it's nice to see her using it.

I miss seeing her but we'll be back home again soon.
Can't wait for the day that we can start taking her on some vacations with us.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment