Monday 20 June 2022

Reckoning on the Scale and My Sweet Girl (May 18, 2022)

I've been feeling larger lately and even though it is Wednesday and not officially my weigh in day, I really wanted to see what kind of damage I inflicted on my weight loss journey on my vacation.

I weighed in at 202.8 which was eye opening to say the least.
(Please ignore my poor ugly, blistered, bruised toes).

I vowed I would never see 200 again and lo and behold, there it is!
I know that I always puff up a little after travelling and that I retain some water so likely I'll be back below but it's a little too close for comfort.

I've slowly been creeping up and up, little by little and it is not the direction I want to go.
I am determined to get back on track.

I'll be following WW today, tracking everything.

We stopped and got some fruit and veggies and other healthy food on the way home yesterday so I am set up for success.

It shall be mine!

So that's up 8.6 lbs since my last weigh in.
Nowhere to go from here but down!

Opened up the bedroom door to find this mess.
Professor Snuggles found a roll of toilet paper and shredded it.

It was back to work for me.

My co-workers had left a card and a plant on my desk for me.
That was so thoughtful of them.
Hopefully I'm able to keep it alive.
I'm not the best plant mom.

I hadn't spoken to any of them about my Dad's passing before I left - I just didn't feel ready to.
It will still be tough today but not as tough as it would have been that first morning after I found out.

I still can't quite believe that he is gone.

I want to sit down and write a memorial post about him but I don't want to rush it, I want to take my time and say all the things that I want to say, all the things he deserves to have said about him.
He was such a good man.

Kody is still at his course in the city and Haylee was starting a new job today and they were really stuck for a sitter so I said I'd watch her.

I picked her up just after 8 to take her to school and I was so happy to see her.
She was happy to see me too which was nice!

Waiting in the line up to head into school.

We video messaged Papa really quickly because he was really missing her too.

She asked if she could come stay at my house after school and I said of course.
She said 'forever'? and I said won't you miss mom and dad and she said they could come visit her there.
Ha ha.

I went back to work until it was time to pick her up at 11:30 then I took her to my place and worked from home for the rest of the afternoon.

It's a bit harder to get work done when I have her there because she sometimes wants my attention or she likes to sit on my lap which makes it hard to type.

Today she did spend a lot of time watching tv in the living room while I worked and when she did come in the office with me, she sat behind me on my chair and watched YouTube videos so it wasn't so bad.

I dropped her off to Haylee around 5 as they were going out to dinner with a friend of Haylee's, took Mom down to the store so she could pick up a few things then I went down and hopped on the treadmill.

My training schedule is a bit mixed up this week.
The original schedule looked like this:
Monday - 7k run
Tuesday - 8k run
Wednesday - rest day.

I had forgotten to take a picture of it before I left so I guessed on Monday and ran 9k.

Then yesterday after all the travelling, I was really too tired to work out so I made that my rest day.
I didn't even get my 13,000 steps in.

Then today I decided I would do 7k.

I also decided to do it on the treadmill because a) it was cold and rainy outside and b) my toes were blistered and hurting and I wasn't sure how far I'd be able to go - I didn't want to have to stop running far from home then have to walk forever to get back with my feet feeling the way they do.

It hurt at first when I put my sneakers on but it was manageable.
I decided to take it very slow on the treadmill so I started of at a 4.0 pace.

It felt really tough.

About halfway in I felt like I could handle upping the pace but ultimately decided to leave it at 4.0 for the whole time and just take it really nice and easy.

I was so happy to be done.

It took me a long time, and hour and 6 minutes to get the 4.4 miles or 7 k run done but I did it.

Haylee was going out to watch the hockey game so she brought Freya back for us to watch until Kody got home and they got there just as I finished up my run.
She likes to turn on the treadmill and 'slide' on it.

Video check in for today.

Jason got home not long after I finished my workout and he was so happy to see Freya.
She was so happy to see him too, she'd been asking about him all day.
She was hugging his leg like she didn't want to let go then she made him sit with her.

Kody got there right after Jason got home but he stayed and visited for a while, had some supper with us.

After they did leave, I watched some clips of the Johny Depp/Amber Heard trial.
I don't know why but I'm hooked.

I was really tired though and falling asleep so I called it a night.
That always happens, I'm falling asleep on the couch so I go to bed then suddenly I'm wide awake and can't fall asleep for nothing but not tonight.
My head hit the pillow and I was out!
Just the way I like it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment