Monday 20 June 2022

Central Park, Times Square and Grand Central Station (May 16, 2022)

Today was our last full day here and I wanted to do my last run here in Central Park so we headed over there first thing this morning.

It was another gorgeous day in the city - so nice I was able to wear a tank top.
Bet the weather won't be like this when we get home and I'm sure going to miss it.

I wasn't sure exactly how many km's I was supposed to run today - I thought it was 8 or 9 so I did 9 just in case.
Turns out I only had to run 7k.
Better more than less though.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My splits and average pace.
7.23 is not too bad.

My video check in for today.

I had to walk a bit to meet back up with Jason but I didn't mind at all, the park is so nice.

Just green, green, green, everywhere you look.

I love it when the trees go out over top of the road.

I love that so many people are out using the park too and enjoying it.

Just gorgeousness in all directions- hard to believe this is right smack dab in the middle of one of the biggest cities in the world.

What a pretty view.

When I met up with Jason, we decided to head over to Levain again for another cookie (or two).

Then we headed back to LIC to look for a place to have breakfast.

The first order of business though was to find some flip flops for myself, my toes were killing me.
I got a big blister on this foot.

Then these toes are all bruised up.

With that little issue resolved, we got breakfast.
We sat outside in the nice weather to eat - I just want to take in as much of the weather as I can before we head home.

NYC Bagel company - we've been here before and they have good bagels.

Jason got the lox.

Look how full they stuff it.

I got the whitefish.

We went back to the hotel and changed then we dropped by this noodle place that Jason likes in LIC.
Xi'an Famous Foods.

Sad face because we are going home.

We've been here a couple times and it's always very busy.

I got dumplings, I forget what kind but they were good.

Jason's favorite dish is the Spicy Cumin Lamb noodles.
It's way too spicy for me.

I thought Morgan might like the hat with the pink on the emblem so I was going to get it instead but she wanted just the regular white.
Looking back on it now, I'm thinking I should have gotten it for myself.

We headed back over to Times Square for one more look.

It was a drizzly evening but still nice and warm.

Times Square on a drizzly evening.

Then just because, we walked down to Grand Central Station just to have a look around.
It's such an amazing building but pictures just don't do it justice.

Just moi in Grand Central Station.

My Honey & I.

Grand Central Station.

Then for our last meal in the city, we decided to go to Sarge's, it wasn't that far of a walk from Grand Central Station.

It's a real old school diner.

We've been several times and we really like it.

They bring everyone out coleslaw and pickles.

Jason had the pastrami on rye - look how much meat they put on it.

I wasn't that hungry so I just ordered some fries - they were good.

We passed a bakery walking back to the subway station so I popped in and picked a few things to try.

Not sure what they all were, just little fruit tarts.

This one had blackberries.

This one had different kinds of nuts - it was good.

Then lastly, a little baby cheesecake.

Then it was time to pack up.
We fly out tomorrow and I wish we could stay longer but I'm glad we were able to come at all - I'd forgotten how much I loved it here.

That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment