Thursday 4 January 2018

Christmas Gathering (Dec.22, 2017)

I was having everyone over for our annual Christmas gift exchange so I had a big list of things to get done today.
Number One on the list was to get a work out in first thing and I did just that!
 
I got 1 hour and 6 minutes in this morning.
I felt really good and pushed myself hard this morning.
 
Sweaty selfie to prove it.
 
My plans today included the following:
laundry
clean bathrooms
clean kitchen
vacuum
dust
mop
wrap a couple gifts
go to store for supplies
prepare food for tonight
 
I am happy to report that I accomplished everything on my list.
 
I was talking to my sister on and off all day for updates on my grandmother.
She has pneumonia and the doctor is not hopeful.
All of her children are with her and plenty of grandchildren as well.
She is the heart of our family - I can't imagine life without her in it.
 
My dear friend PP texted me to let me know that she'd seen all of my family there in the hospital.
Turns out her father also has pneumonia and is in the room across the hall from my grandmother.

As is tradition, we all sat down and started eating as soon as they arrived.
I thought maybe I didn't have enough but I don't think anyone left hungry.
 
I ended up getting a call from my sister around 7 pm to let me know that my grandmother had passed away.
It feels kind of surreal, especially not being there.
When it's so far away it's easy to just think that they are still there and all is well.
 
I left my guests to go call my brothers and niece and give them the sad news.
 
I was actually glad to have people over as it helped keep my mind off things somewhat.

Enjoying the grub.

SV hasn't been feeling very well at all for the past week or so.
Luckily she is on the upswing now and so was able to attend.

KT sneaking a little something something into his glass.

Ready to open presents!

BH & JH made these little folding tables out of pallet wood.
So cute.

She also gave me this little girl that I just love.
 
I must have got wrapped up in what we were doing because I have no more pictures but SV gave me a really nice scarf and hat set - it is differant shades of grey with some bling to it and I love it.
I am into grey right now for some reason.
NC/T gave me a beautiful metal sign.
 
It was a fun night.
My Honey got home from work around 7:30 and joined us.
 
Next year I want to come up with a few games for us to play but even without any tonight, I still think everyone enjoyed themselves.
 
My fitbit totals for today.
Guess cleaning and setting up for parties requires lots of moving around!
 
So today the earth lost a beautiful soul, she will be sorely missed by all who knew her.
There is so much to say about her that I think I will do a post just dedicated to her.
 
I am already struggling over whether I should fly home for the funeral or not.
It is super expensive to fly right now and I am not sure that I can afford it.
 
I will have to ponder and discuss with My Honey.
I just know that either way, life just won't be the same without her.
 
That is all for today.
Until next time, be happy and hug those you love close and tell them that you love them.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment