Sunday 31 July 2016

August Long Weekend Road Trip Continues

We did a little shopping first thing this morning.  I want to make a fairy lantern for my niece so I needed to pick up a few supplies.

 I saw a few cute ideas of crafts I could do with her.  Every little girl would enjoy making a fairy garden.

 and a rock family. Such a cute idea!

 This place was featured on You Gotta Eat Here and since we were in town, we wanted to give it a try.

 My Honey ordered the Pronghorn.

 We tried the pizza skins (like potato skins but with crust).

 I tried the pyrogy pizza.  The pizza was really good, the crust was soft and chewy, we liked it a lot.
I checked in to the restaurant and posted a picture on Facebook and they responded right away and thanked us for coming.  I have checked in to lots of places on Facebook and that is the first time I ever had a response like that and I was impressed.

 We noticed lots of colorful bee boxes on our journey.  Not sure if there is a reason for it but they sure do look pretty.  When we get our bees someday, I want to paint the boxes too.

 When you come across a sign like this a photo is mandatory.

 I was expecting a life size Enterprise but pretty cool nonetheless.

 Ok, check that off the Alberta bucket list.

 Ha Ha!

 Look at the crosswalk, so awesome!

 Almost every town we passed through had a grain elevator but this was the only place we saw three together like this.

 More of those colorful bee boxes.
 What a great use of an old truck.

 Road trip selfie.

 The perks of being the passenger, I get to put my feet up!

 Blue skies + white clouds + green fields = beautiful country
 Holding Hands = LOVE

 Best road trip tunes ever!  We had three volumes to listen to, this was the favorite.  Disney tunes make me happy, especially if I know the words and can sing along. Which I do very loudly!

Tonight we are bunking at Hampton Inn & Suites in Gasoline Alley.  Pretty sweet room!
We walked over to Petes Drive In for supper but I forgot to take my phone/camera.  They had 20+ flavors of milk shakes.  My Honey tried the Marshmallow and I opted for the Rootbeer. It was delicious but I could only drink about half of it.

So one more day to go.  Have some shopping to do tomorrow but the drive home will be another wonderful journey and getting home is always nice.


Until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment