Monday 26 August 2024

Just Like That We Are Leaving Vernon and on to Canmore (Aug.5, 2024)

 We have to leave our nice little spot here in Vernon today which is such a bummer - I wish we had a bit longer but next time we'll plan to stay longer.

The kids really spent a LOT of time on the trampoline while we were here so that was a nice thing to have.

Jason took lots of video and pictures of them on the trampoline - he spent a lot of time on there with them.
This is a great shot he got of Freya on there.

The whole property was so nice.

I really enjoyed the deck.
Not surprising at all - if it has comfy seating then it's the place I want to hang out all the time.

We had to be out by 11 so we got up, packed up, cleaned up and headed out.
Rob and Randie headed back to Swan Hills but the rest of us decided to go to Canmore for the night.

We found a condo that could fit all of us.
We ended up hitting a lot of rain on the drive there - sometimes it was just a crazy down pour so I had to drive slower.
I could actually feel the car kind of sliding over the road so that was kind of scary.

So the drive there took a bit longer but we made it safe and sound and that's the most important part.

It was so dark and dreary when we got there - this is our view from our condo balcony.

What happened to the sun?

Just as we got there the sky opened up and we got pummeled with a hail storm.
(We only noticed after we got home but we did end up with hail damage on the car - it's just hard to notice unless you look at it in a certain light).

Look how huge it was!!!

After we checked in, Jason and I went to the store and got some stuff to make a meat and cheese tray and that's what we had for supper.

I think we'd all hoped that we would have nice weather so we could get out and explore Canmore but it just didn't happen that way so we all just hung out and watched tv for the evening.

I walked back and forth in the condo hallway for a long time to get the rest of the steps that I needed to reach my goal and it was super boring but I did it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment