Tuesday 26 October 2021

Maritimes - I'm Back! (Sept.1, 2021)

Up Up Up and away we go.
The first time being on a plane in a very long time, I was both nervous and excited.

We arrived safe and sound around 6 am at Halifax airport.

The sun was just coming up.

My sister was there to pick us up.
We weren't exactly sure how the whole process would go due to Covid but it was just fine.
We just showed our vaccination records and we were good to go.
 
My sister took us back to her place, it was so nice of her to get up super early to come and get us.

It was so nice to see the boys, they are getting so grown up.
We visited a little bit then Jason and I had a bit of a nap.
Sleeping on the plane just doesn't seem to be something that I can do so I knew I needed to get some sleep.

We had a truck rental booked for noon so my sister took us over there to pick it up.
It's lucky that I booked it way back when we booked our flights because the prices for booking vehicles are ridiculously expensive right now, if you can even find one.

Afterwards, we were all ready for a bite to eat and there is a great collection of places right by the rental spot.

We decided on Cheese Curds.

They have some cool artwork in their restaurant, like this metal hamburger.

And this robot lady (not sure if/what the significance is).

My sissy and I.

Jason.

My burger looked pretty great and I couldn't wait to get it in my belly.
Looks like trying to eat healthy for the most part on this trip had flown right out the window.

Jason's had an egg on it and it looked pretty good as well.

From there, we went and did a bit of shopping.
Got a few grocery items at Walmart then checked out Under Armour for the first time.
Jason, Jennifer and I all got a few t-shirts there.

We headed back to my sisters but checked out the area she lives in a little bit first.
She's pretty much right on the ocean and it's gorgeous.

Shore Drive, Eastern Passage.

Is there anything prettier than sun shining on the water?

We were given a couple of options when we rented the truck and we picked the biggest one they had.
It was a beast.
No running boards either so it was a chore to climb up into.

The beautiful Atlantic Ocean.

Jason walking along the beach.

Atlantic Ocean selfie - is that a thing?
I guess it is now.

It was such a gorgeous day out there - looks like we are going to have some rain while we are here so I'm glad we are getting treated to a bit of sunshine first.

Jason and I.

Love seeing those waves crash on the shore.

We got ready and headed out for a run.
We ran along the water and it was so nice.

I tried out my new Koala Clip and I'm hooked!

The fanny pack I was using before kept slipping and was really annoying.
This was perfect - even kind of felt like a bit of support on my back.

It will only work with a racer back bra and I only have one so I'll need to get a few more but I'm super happy with it.

I highly recommend them and if you are interested, you can check them out here.
I am not being paid by them nor am I getting any freebies, I just really like the product.


I wanted to get 5k done but I had to stop at 4.61 because I had to go to the washroom.
Close enough though, 4.61 is better than nothing.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I love seeing it be in the 6's.

We went back to my sisters and showered up then we walked over to visit an old friend of mine who just happens to live a couple of streets over from my sister.

It was so nice to catch up with Denise.
We've been friends since before we had our kids so over 30 years.

We made sure to get a picture before we left.
I'm hoping I can see her again before we go home - we'll see how things work out.

We got back to the house and the kids were playing with the Virtual Reality game.

Ethan giving us a demo of his VR headset and game.

Declan giving it a go.

I wanted to try it out.
It was really cool - a little weird to get used to but really fun.

My first VR experience.

Jason gave it a try too.

Jason trying it out.

It was a good day.
I'm happy to be back in the good old Maritimes and I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment