Tuesday 26 October 2021

Blue Mussel Cafe - Finally (Sept.4, 2021)

 We got up this morning, had coffee then got ready and headed out for a run.

PEI has this amazing trail system, Confederation Trail, with over 400 km of trails and it just happens to go right by my Aunt and Uncle's place so that's where we went to run this morning.

The trail is well maintained and goes through the woods so it's very pretty and peaceful


I had the bathroom issue again this morning.
I ran 5.61k then I just had to stop and walk for a bit.
After a bit, I felt like I could try running again, I only made it .27k before I had to stop and walk again though.

Still, I got close to 6k in overall so that's not bad at all.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

We decided to go for a bit of a drive and ended up in Kensington.
Bakin Donuts is The Place to get coffee here on the Island.

Coleen was just telling us last night how good the ice cream is here at Frosty Treat so we stopped in to get one.

Jason got a sundae.

I opted for hard ice cream - my favorite summertime treat.
I'm just noticing that it had a Cows paper on it but it was not Cows ice cream.

We ended up in Rustico.
There is a restaurant there that we've been wanting to try for a few years so we figured we might as well go for it.

Driving up to the Blue Mussel Cafe in North Rustico.

It's in this building that looks like a house and it was right on the water.

Ha ha - cute sign.
There was a waiting list and they told us it would be about an hour.

They said they would call us when it was time for us to be seated so we decided to just walk around and check out the area.

We checked out a local gift shop.
It seemed like the time passed pretty quickly and they were calling us to let us know they were ready to seat us.

Finally, we are going to eat at the Blue Mussel Cafe.

I like the set up on the inside.

The place was packed!

My handsome honey.

Moi!

I tried to take a picture of us together.

Just another shot of the inside of the restaurant.

They had blanket ladders with actual blankets on them for customers to use in case they got cold, what a great idea!

We started off with some oysters on the half shell.

Yum Yum!

Jason enjoying them as well.
We could have had a few more dozen honestly but we wanted to try some other stuff too.

We tried their mussels - also fabulous!

I ordered the chowder poutine.
OMG - it was fabulous.
Basically it was potato wedges with seafood chowder up on top.
Uh-Mazing!

Jason had the Seafood Bubbly Bake.
It was rich and delicious and also Uh-Mazing!

The food was so good that I just had to try some of their desserts.

I had the bread pudding.

Jason had the Reeses Pieces Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Needless to say, we were stuffed at the end of that meal.

We will likely make it a point of coming here every trip to the Island from here on out!

It was my first time being in Rustico and there were some really gorgeous houses along the water front.

I love a yellow house and a wrap around porch - this could be my dream house.

Another gorgeous house - I love the shade of blue.

Like who lives in these houses?
I want one!

They were all right across from the water so had fabulous views.

An old fishing village.

The ocean is always right around the corner it seems here on the Island.

Fabulous views lie around every corner too.

It was a bit later than we'd hoped when we got back to my Aunt and Uncles but there were still a few family members there we got to visit with.
Jimmy, Coleen and Blair.

Blair, Pam and Amanda (she's camera shy).

Jason's instagram post from our run this morning.
It was a bit of a drizzly run but not a downpour so manageable for sure.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment