Wednesday 30 November 2022

Zepplyn Turns 7 and Rainbow Hair (Sept.3, 2022)

Today was Zepplyn's birthday so Crystal was up early and got some decorations up for her.

Happy Birthday banner.

Mario balloon.

More helium balloons.

I think she was surprised when she saw it all.

The Birthday girl.

She wanted to open her gifts right away.

Watching Zepp open her presents.

Crystal and Randy.

She got lots of good stuff.

She had to get it all out of the boxes right away too.
No time like the present to test things out.

Jason found these webs in the trees outside of our place.

So creepy.

We all decided to head into Invermere to do some shopping at the second hand store and other shops.
Jason decided to ride his bike and meet us there.

I drove there in my car by myself and I wasn't sure where everyone else was but came across a fry shop so treated myself.

I did find Kody and Freya right away though.

She helped me finish my fries.

I took her into the second hand store where Crystal and Haylee were and got a few things.
Then I went into this antique store and found a few more neat things.

I got myself a crock pot (No.5), a wooden doll cradle (more for Freya) and a beat up old container that looks like it might be made of copper.

Just hanging out in Invermere.

After we got our fill of shopping, we decided to head back over to the beach in Windermere.

It was another gorgeous day.

Jason ordered some pizza's for us from the pizza place that was right nearby and walked up to get them for us.

We tried it out last year and it's pretty good pizza.

Freya liked it, she got sauce all over her face.

The kids got tired of the beach more quickly today so we headed back to the house pretty much right after we ate the pizza.

There was a Greek place near our VRBO so we decided to go check it out.
Got a Greek salad and chicken skewers - it was pretty good.
Jason went for a run and I decided to take my bike out for a ride.
It is really hilly here so it was tough but I felt good after I did it.

Everyone else had gone out for supper too and when they got back, we decided to take a walk.
On his run, Jason had come across these falls so he wanted to take us all up to see them.

When we got there, there were already a few people there enjoying them.

There were a bunch of little pool areas kind of like down below (the ones Freya liked playing in).

They were being fed from these falls which we think are run off from the Fairmont Hot Springs.
So the water was not hot but kind of luke warm.

A video of the falls.

It was kind of treacherous getting over to the pools because the rocks were slippery.

But we made it without incident, almost....
Kody did fall once, pretty hard.
I know it must have hurt but nothing too terrible.

We hung out there in the pools for a bit.

Zepp.

Freya and Mommy.
It was starting to get dark so we figured it was time to head back.

When we got back to home, we had supper.

All set up - she has food and my phone - she's happy.

Having Papa there too is a bonus.

Then it was time for cake.

Can you see how excited she was?

Thinking really hard about her wish.

Everyone was happy to have cake.

She loves getting into stuff.
Pouring some water onto Papa's plate - luckily he was done eating.

Meanwhile over on the other side of the country, this was happening.
The military changed their regulations on hair coloring and my sister has been waiting for this day.
She immediately made an appointment to get her hair done.
First they had to strip all the color out.

Then they put the color on - she was going for rainbow colors.

She just loved how it turned out and so do I.

I like how they styled it too.

I wouldn't be brave enough to do this but I've always known my sister was braver than me.
She's super happy with it.

Also, my cousin Lisa and her husband Todd were taking my mom over to my sisters from PEI and they made a pitstop to do some touring around so that was nice.
Mom will be flying home next week.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment