Thursday 17 November 2022

WCSS Spill Exercise and Creepy Nails (Aug.30, 2022)

Our annual WCSS exercise was this morning in Slave Lake so I was on the road early this morning to attend.

Due to Covid, it's actually been a couple of years since we have had one. 

It was a lake exercise and it turned out to be a gorgeous day for it.

There is always a land deployment and this is just some of the equipment they use to help when cleaning up a spill in the water.

Getting some of the equipment ready to go out on the boats.

I got to spend some time with Amy and it was really nice getting to know her.
She seems like a really sweet girl.

The boats heading out with the boom.

It is such a pretty spot here - can't believe I've never been here before.

Watching all the action from another view.

Trying to straighten out the boom.
Trying to move it is way harder than you would expect.

These exercises are really good because the guys get some hands on experience.
(They get to see how hard it really is so they are prepared for the real thing).

Pull!

Getting some help from one of the boats.

The WCSS trailer.

Amy brought her dog along as she's staying a few nights here.
He was happy to just lay and watch everything that was going on.
He was such a sweet old boy.

Finishing up.
We finished up the exercise right around noon so I headed right back home.
I wanted to get a few things done at the office and ended up working right until the end of the day.

Does anyone else have creepy nails like this?

As soon as they grow long they start twisting and bending.

It's very obvious too.

I hate it because I can't keep them long - they just look awful, so I had to cut them back.
Oh well - I guess if this is the worst thing I have to contend with in life then life is pretty good!

I worked late trying to finish up all the stuff that I wanted to then when I got home, I finished packing up for our trip tomorrow.
Even got a lot of it into the car so we could get an early start tomorrow.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment