Wednesday 26 April 2017

On Our Way to New York City

Finally woke up to some sunshine, it sure has a way of lifting the spirit.
Plus it melts the snow.  The parking lot was starting to look like a lake with all the meltage happening!  The dripping sound of melting snow makes my heart sing.
My Honey was doing some experimentation so I had some treats waiting for me at lunch.  Doughnuts!  Some filled with lemon and some with jam & cream cheese.

He also made chicken wings.
I packed up for our trip at lunch also, it was a busy hour.

The professor escaped this afternoon for a while, so My Honey ended up having an impromptu photo session with him while trying to entice him back into the house.
My Honey was having a hard time saying good bye to Professor Snuggles lol!
Pretty good actor huh?

Heading to the airport, hope this snow is all gone when we get home on Monday.
We used the Jetset parking lot for the first time and had them park for us.
The cost was reasonable and it was very convenient.

We got to the airport nice and early as usual so went in to Chilli's for a snack.
I was starting to feel tired so we found some cozy chairs and I had a bit of a nap before we even got on the plane.

My honey surprised me with awesome seats, right at the very front so lots of leg room plus only the two of us in the row, they turned the middle seat into a table.



I didn't nap much, we hit some turbulence and it was kind of unnerving.  I know flying is quite safe  but it still scares me sometimes.  Plus I was sitting by the window and it was freezing.  I finally got My Honey to switch seats with me because I was just so cold.  Should have done that far sooner, it made such a difference.

We had to make a connection in Toronto and that flight was just under an hour.  Of course I was starting to fall asleep just as we were arriving to New York.

We landed in LaGuardia around 8:30.  It was nice to be back in the city.  I just love it here.
We caught a cab over to our hotel in Queens to drop off our luggage.  I was so hoping we might get our room early but no such luck.

We had some of the free breakfast in the hotel then headed out to start our first day in New York City.

Adventures in New York City to follow.

Until next time, be happy.








No comments:

Post a Comment