Thursday 27 April 2017

Back to Reality

We spoke to the hotel clerk and arranged for a cab to pick us up at 3:30 to go to the airport.
We got a call in our room at 2:45 that the cab was there?
They asked if we were ready and suffice to say, we were not.
Not sure how the mix up occurred but I wasn't getting out of bed until the last possible moment.

Turns out when we did go down for 3:30, the driver had waited there for us. 
I thought that was strange but he had a coffee and hung out, didn't seem to mind at all.

The ride to the airport took less than 10 minutes as there isn't much traffic at that time.
The WestJet agent wasn't even there yet - I remember that happened last time too.
We try to get to the airport 3 hours early for international flights and we ended up sitting around waiting for over an hour before we could even check our bags.
Thank goodness we decided to go a little later this time.  We only had to wait about 20 min which wasn't so bad.

Need to remember this for next time - WestJet agent doesn't arrive until 4am.

Nothing was open in the airport until 5am and we were boarding at 5:20 so we only had a short time to grab something to eat.
We figured our stop in Toronto wouldn't be long enough to eat either so it might be some time before we could get a meal.

We are on board, ready to go.

The sun was coming up as we were leaving and you can see Manhattan in the distance, looks so pretty.
I love this city.

I was hoping to arrive home to sunshine or least no more snow but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Here are the fitbit stats for our trip. We did a lot of walking.

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

After all that walking and then all that time being up in the airplane this is the result. 
My feet and ankles were feeling like they were about to burst open at any time.
So swelled up and the my skin just felt cracking tight.

I sat on the couch and put my feet up hoping to help some of the swelling go down.
I know it's my own fault because of my weight, it's very hard on my knees and my feet.
I need to get myself back in shape so we can continue to travel and do things.
Health is so important.

While I was recuperating on the couch, My Honey was unpacking.
I have always purchased the window posters from every broadway show we've seen as souvenirs.
However, they are awkward to carry around from the show and I have a pile of them but I don't have the room to display them so I changed things up this time.

I decided to start picking up a magnet from each show as a souvenir instead.  They are smaller so easier to travel with, easier to display and they are cheaper so better all around.
I think I made a smart decision!

These are a couple of the magnets we picked up at the LIC Market.
The kitty looks just like Professor Snuggles.

This was deck of cards that I picked up at the American Folk Art Museum.
Each card is different.

It was nice to be home at a fairly decent hour.
I had a nice long, hot bath and finished reading my current book The Kitchen House.
It had a few parts that were tough to read but it was a good book.

It was off to bed early for this chick, back to work in the am.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment