Monday 17 April 2017

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Back to Work I Go!

Well what do you know, it's snowing again.  Enough already!

Other than the continuation of that horrible white precipitation, today was quite uneventful.
I think this happened last year about the same time.  My walkway and doorstep were all cleared off last night and now they are covered again.

It was back to work for this gal, but only for a couple days.
Picked up some goodies on the weekend to refill my candy dish in my office.

It was getting a bit low and I just can't allow that.  I have to keep my reputation in good standing "Best Candy Dish in the Office".

Anytime any kiddos come to the office to visit, they are always brought to my office for a treat.
I inherited the candy dish from My Honey, he held the best candy dish title while he worked here but when he left he passed the baton on to me.

My dad called this evening to wish me a Happy Birthday.
I was surprised that I didn't hear from him on the actual day because he is very good at remembering birthday's and ALWAYS calls.
He said he did call but it kept saying my phone was unreachable and now I recall that my phone died that day and I had to recharge it when I got home from work.

So he didn't forget me!
It's always nice to hear from him.  I wish he lived closer so I could see him more often.

I have this little issue that is driving me kind of crazy.
I can't seem to find a mat for the front door that doesn't buckle up and need constant readjustment. 
I picked up another new mat yesterday and it is much bigger than I assumed it would be but so far so good.
I told My Honey that if it starts buckling again I am just going to nail it right to the floor, ha ha.
I wouldn't actually do that but it really does get on my nerves.
First world problems I guess.
If this is my biggest thing to worry about then all is right in my world.

This was my supper, mint chocolate chip ice cream with extra chocolate chips added on top.
I know, not very healthy.

I just can't seem to get myself into the "zone" and I have been eating anything & everything.
I a feeling a little out of control honestly.
This seems to happen often leading up to a vacation.
I know on vacation that I will be trying lots of food and not restricting myself and because we are so close to leaving I figure what's the point of starting now?

Thing is, I keep doing it over and over.  Sometimes I wonder if I will ever get this figured out and reach a healthy weight.  When I am into it, I am so into it, but when I am not into it, look out, it's all out eating & basically a disaster.

So - here's the thing.
I do in my heart believe that I am going to succeed. 
And I am looking at the same way I did when I was trying to quit smoking.
I figure if I keep at it, keep trying, no matter how many times it takes, I will eventually be successful.

"She believed she could so she did" 

I BELIEVE I WILL!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment