Friday 14 April 2017

Back in the Blogging Saddle

I stayed up so late last night that it was really tough to get out of bed this morning for work.  The scene outside didn't help much either.

Just yesterday I was marvelling at how all the snow had melted and even though everything was looking very dead & brown, it felt like spring was just around the corner.

Then this happened!

This is the view from my office window.  It has been snowing all night and it hasn't stopped yet.

Winter is in the air again, snow shovels are back out.

I had some delicious mango for a snack this morning hoping it would bring some sunshine into my day.  It was perfectly ripe & sweet.  Yummy!

Later in the afternoon I popped a snack size bag of popcorn to munch on.  The label said it was about 5 cups popped.  I don't even think it was much over 1 cup myself.

It continued to snow all throughout the day so the boss at work told us to just stay home and not bother to come back after lunch. 
I ended up working almost until the end of the day anyway as I had lots to do.  It was nice of him to give us the option and I did go home a little early.  Not a bad way to start a long weekend.

This kind of weather makes me just want to curl up, eat snacks and watch Netflix . 

I've really been enjoying this show lately.  It was hard to find to watch but I have made it to the third season. 
I enjoy this family just as much as the Duggar family. 
I've wanted to visit Nashville for some time now and watching this show makes me want to go there even more. 
They live in Tennessee and some of the places they go in the show look just beautiful.  On one of the episodes they went to Dollywood which is another location I've wanted to check out. 

Probably won't be too long before we plan a trip there.

I've also started watching the new Anne series that just began on CBC. 
I am a huge Anne of Green Gables/Lucy Maud Montgomery fan, always have been. 
Being from PEI myself and having a great love for the island is part of it, it feels like home to me.
It's not all though, I love the characters, the stories, the setting, just everything about it.  

The Anne of Green Gables mini series starring Megan Follows is my absolute favorite show of all time.  If I were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one thing to watch, this would be it.

So this new series had a lot to live up to.  It's hard to imagine new actors playing the roles that I have loved so dearly for so long.  Megan to me is Anne and Anne is Megan.  I knew before watching this new version that I might not like it but of course I wanted to give it a chance.

The verdict is in and I like it, a lot.
I don't think it will replace the original Anne as my favorite but I am enjoying it.  Amybeth McNulty does a great job as Anne.  She plays the role a bit differently but she does a fantastic job and I am really warming up to her.  The rest of the cast I like as well.  Matthew and Marilla seem more reserved but there is underlying warmth which is slowly being revealed.  Mom & I have been watching together and I am looking forward to more episodes and lots of fun adventures.

My Honey ended up working late again (he didn't get home until after midnight last night) so I decided to watch a movie that I'd been wanting to watch for awhile that he wasn't very interested in watching. 

It was a great show.  I learned lots about the events that I didn't know before.  Not only do I learn things in the movie but it peaks my interest and then I am googling information about the events. 

I especially like how they had some of the real folks that this happened to in the movie at the end.  Their stories were so touching and their positive outlooks were so uplifting. 

My Honey ended up getting home about a third of the way through and he was surprised to like it as well.
As usual, seeing a place in a movie made me want to go there for real.  We were there a few years ago but just for two days.  I would love to go back and do some more exploring.

 Also made me think about running a marathon which is something that I have always wanted to do.  Not sure if I could run Boston but what if I could?  Not a bad goal to shoot for.

I didn't track my eating today and didn't work out either.
I didn't go crazy with the food intake, I just didn't take the time to record it and my foot is still bothering me so I am going to continue to rest it.  I know we'll be doing lots of walking in New York next week so I want it to be as healed as it can be before we go.

That's all for now.

Until next time, be happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment