Friday 14 April 2017

Cozy Winter Day in Mid April?

I woke up this morning and looked out my bedroom window hoping to see some sunshine and....

What the heck, it is still snowing!!!!

My car is almost entirely covered! 
I had to shovel off the front steps & walkway and clean about a foot of snow off of the truck just to go to the store. 
While I was gone my neighbour, bless his heart, came over and plowed out our driveway.

There was a marathon of this show on this morning so that's what I did for most of this snowy morning
.  Of all the decorating, house flipping shows out there I enjoy this one the most.
The chemistry between Chip & Jo Gaines is wonderful and Jo's decorating style is the best.
I love the farmhouse look anyway and the way she mixes styles together is amazing.  Makes me want to move to Texas and buy a fixer upper just so I can hire them.

We stopped in Waco last year when we went on our trip to Texas but I didn't know Magnolia existed at the time.  So obviously I need to go back again just so I can pop in there and check it out.

Kind of got me to thinking that I want to do a project here in my home.
When I was young I always dreamed of being an interior designer/decorator.
Creating is just so fun and I get such a sense of satisfaction when a project moves from my imagination into reality.

 I've always rented before now so couldn't do much besides cosmetic things to the homes I've lived in and although we own our home now, we prefer to spend our extra money on travel.

Home renovation can get super expensive and one thing always seems to lead to another.
Watching Joanna has inspired me though and the little bathroom of off our bedroom seems like a perfect size project, not much potential for it to get out of hand.

My Honey built this bench and I love the look of it.  I am already dreaming up a version to use in the bathroom for a vanity.  This is going to be fun!!!

Picked up a few ingredients so My Honey could come home to a hot, home cooked meal.  Clam chowder and soft dinner rolls is on the menu at our place tonight.

Once I had dinner on the go, I decided a nice relaxing bath would be a great idea.  I just started a new book and there aren't many things better on a cold, blustery day than a hot bubble bath and an intriguing new story to read.

I am just getting started but so far it is a page turner.  Although it is a fiction novel I know things were like this in the past and it is horrifying to think about the conditions slaves lived in.  I am drawn to stories about it though even though some parts are difficult to read.

Chowder is done and smelling deeelicious.

My Honey is laughing because he knows I'm taking his picture to post here.  Think he enjoyed his supper!

True to form, in spite of having worked all day, he still wanted to make a treat for me.

He & a friend are going to be running the kitchen at the local golf course this summer so he has been trying out some recipes to possibly add to the menu.

This was a milk chocolate filled doughnutty type dessert.  It was ooey gooey good and I think it will be a hit. Who can resist a doughnut full of melty chocolate?

Well that's it for today.
Until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment