Sunday 16 April 2017

Easter 2017

It finally stopped snowing, yay!

I wasn't sure what the roads were going to be like but after being cooped up all weekend so far, I decided to go for a drive and make a Walmart run.

I invited mom to join me and she was up for an outing too.

We were on the road early and picked up the necessities at Walmart plus a few extras.  We made a stop at A&W for lunch then were on our way back home again.

I stopped at the office to let the Easter Bunny in.
The Easter Bunny visits the office every year and leaves some eggs on everyone's desk.
Adults deserve treats too after all.
When we got home, I got some bags ready...

and mom filled them with Easter goodies for everyone.

Everything is ready for company to arrive now.

My Honey put a ham in the oven before he left for work this morning so the house was starting to smell delicious.
I also got a roaster full of scalloped potatoes into the oven.  I added cream of chicken & cream of potato soup to it.  I am hoping it adds a nice flavor.
Then I cut up some raspberries, strawberries and blackberries for dessert.

Then I escaped to my retreat and did a little reading for a half hour.
Company arrived early so I had to cut it short.
The potatoes turned out to be very creamy and tasty.  Everyone liked them so the addition of the cream soup will happen again in the future.

Miss A is rocking those bunny ears.

I cooked up some biscuits (from a mix) and here they are fresh out of the oven.

Perfect for my favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake (with raspberries & blackberries).  It tasted like summer.

Mr. H wasn't really very interested in eating, he preferred to hang out with Professor Snuggles.

Miss A modelling her new Easter dress.  She said she is going to wear it everyday.

No way could I get him to look at me for a picture, he was just too busy.

Then it was time for everyone to have a turn with the bunny ears starting with my brother A.

Then my brother R had his turn.  It's playoff season and he is a huge Montreal Canadians fan.  Couldn't get the game on any of my channels so I am surprised that he came at all but just proves family is more important than hockey.  He was itching to get home and watch the end of the game though I am sure.

Nanny had a turn too.  Mr. H didn't like the bunny ears that much.  He is climbing on Nanny here so he can take them off of her.

When I said everyone had a turn with the bunny ears I did mean EVERYONE!

Still too busy for a picture.

Miss M & her guy showed up late for supper but they sure were happy to see the bunny had dropped by to visit and left them some treats.

My son spent the day with his honey's family so I didn't get to see him.  That's what happens when they grow up & get into relationships but that's ok.  I am grateful that he has someone & that her family wants him to spend time with them. 

When My Honey got home from work he was also happy to see that he had treats from the bunny and happier still to have a nice meal.

He & I watched a few trailers, the new Thor movie looks like it is going to be good.  Watched a trailer for a movie called Little Boxes that also looked entertaining.  It's too late to watch a movie now but I am adding that one to my favorites list so I don't forget about it.

I think I got most of my weekend to do list completed.  Back to work tomorrow but it will be a short work week as we are off to NYC on Wednesday evening.  Hard to believe that is only 3 days away.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment