Wednesday 18 July 2018

We Made It! London Trip 2018 (June 26, 2018)

So the new day began while we were in the airplane on route to England.
I think I was able to grab a few winks but not much.
There it is, the coast of England.

It looks so different than Canada, we have all these mostly straight lines and sections but this is so random.

I was happy to see that we were almost there!

It even looks pretty from way up here.
We landed at Gatwick and customs took a little bit to get through but not as long as it did when we went through Heathrow last time.
When I filled out the "landing" form I put some information on the wrong line and I missed the section where it asked for our occupations so the customs officer was not impressed.
She refilled it all out so we had to wait - I am surprised that she didn't make us do it.
 
From there we headed over to catch the train into London.
It was quite the walk and I was worried about mom being too tired but she was a champ.
My Honey got the tickets from Gatwick to London Victoria Station and because it was cheaper he just got the return tickets at the same time.
 
Mm found a little curb to sit on when we got to our platform.

We didn't have to wait long for the train.

Happy to be here!
Our journey wasn't quite over there.
When we got to London Victoria station it was about a 15 minute walk to the taxi stand where we then hired a cab to take us to our hotel.
We booked it through hotels.com but it is actually an apartment so no front desk or anything.
 
The cab looked small but it was able to fit all four of us and our luggage.

Smile mom!
All four of us were in desperate need of a shower by this time and a bite to eat of real food.
 
The traffic was crazy so it took a little bit to get there.
As soon as we pulled up I saw my sister sitting at a table at the restaurant next door waiting for us.
 
We hauled our luggage up to our room and had a quick look about before heading downstairs to find a place to get a bite to eat.
There was a burger place right next door called Harvest so that is what we chose.

My sister and my brother.

My Honey & I.
 
The weather in London was gorgeous.
I was hot and thirsty so I ordered this lemonade and boy was it ever good.
Just the right amount of sweet and sour, and super cold, lots of ice.
I practically drank it in one sip.

I ordered the Harvest burger with fries.
I normally don't like fat fries but these were dusted with Rosemary and they were delicious.
The burger was too, it was cooked medium and it was a handmade patty, not a frozen thing.
It was fresh and tasty and the toppings were great.
I would eat here again anytime.
 
After we ate, Jen came up to our hotel apartment to visit for a bit but she had to leave at 6:30 pm to make it back to barracks for her 8:00 pm curfew.
 
After she left, mom laid down to have a nap and My Honey, my brother and I went for a walk to find a store.
We walked in through Borough Market which was basically just across the street from us but everything was closed, but we did manage to find a little gelato place that was open so of course we had to have a gelato cone, it was good too.
 
We found an M&S store - we got a few things but it was a little pricey.
We kept looking and found a cheaper place.
We picked up some water, yogurts, ibuprofen for my feet and other snacks.
My Honey also got some of his Red Leicester cheese that he loves so he was stoked about that.
When we got back to the apartment, we discovered that there was a big bathroom off the other bedroom.
Thank goodness because the main one was the tiniest bathroom I've ever seen in my life and I was wondering how we were going to manage.
I was joking with My Honey that he wasn't very good at picking rooms since he'd picked us the one without the bathroom attached but really I think it worked better for mom to have it nearby her during the night.
 
Mom went off to bed and we watched some tv for a bit before heading off to bed too. 

I saw this on Instagram and I though it was a great idea for a cat house.
 
 
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment