Wednesday 11 July 2018

Family is My Favorite (June 23, 2018)

I woke up super early in pain again.
It's so weird, it doesn't seem to bother me during at all during the day but in the morning it is awful.

I just got up and got moving since that seems to help.
I wanted to get laundry done today plus I invited the family over for supper to see mom before we leave.
She is heading straight to PEI from London and will be gone most of the summer.

One of the foreman at work (CO) had a crew lined up to put a tent up in the park for the color run tomorrow so I headed down there to let them know where I wanted it.
They said they could handle it from there so I headed back home.

It was a rainy, drizzly day outside, perfect when I had to spend the day inside doing housework.

I had a quick bath then I got a call from the tent crew - they were having issues so I went on back down there.
Turned out there was a tent pole missing but they improvised with a pipe and had it under control when I arrived.
I helped out a bit until just the stakes had to go in then was off home again.

I got some cleaning done and mom worked on the laundry.
I got the fridge cleaned out of all the things that wouldn't keep as well.


Paddington and Mrs. Zazzles were having a bit of a chat.

By the afternoon I was feeling really tired so I went ahead and laid down and had a nap.
I don't do that often but I think I needed it.

I only napped for about a half hour then I got up to get started on supper.
I made crunchy pea salad and tater tot casserole.

I cut up toppings for the burgers and had everything ready to go by the time they started coming over.
I was going to bbq burgers and the weather did clear up but I still just cooked them on the stove anyway.

My boy and his honey were the first to arrive.

She was looking super cute today - that baby bump is sure popping out.
Miss M and my brother R arrived next.


Mom is always just as happy as I am when the family comes over for a visit.

I hadn't heard from my other brother so we all just ate.


She is a mustard fiend!

I guess they had a really late job last night so he was probably tired.
Just as we finished eating he texted that he'd fallen asleep but that he was on his way.


He and Mr H arrived and ate, well, my brother did,


Mr H wasn't interested in eating.


We looked over and Paddington was looking pretty comfortable on the couch.


I disturbed him when I took his picture.
He's giving me the evil eye I think!

They were all still over when My Honey got home.
As soon as Mr H saw him he was overjoyed.

He jumped on the couch and was pointing out the window and laughing and yelling excitedly that "Jason's home" like he always does.
It is just so darn cute.
I really have to get a video of him doing it before he grows too much more and stops doing it.

He was right at the door greeting him when My Honey came in.

He is super thrilled that his buddy is home.

Since it was nice out, we moved out to the backyard.

I had picked up some spray chalk for the kiddos.
It was really too hard for Mr H to handle so he mainly just sprayed in the air but he had fun.

My Honey had picked up giant balloons and Mr H loves them just as much as ever.

He really tried hard to blow it up by himself.

He didn't have much luck though.

We all hung out back there for awhile and it was so nice.


Miss M tried her hand at blowing bubbles for a while.

I love my family so much.

I told Miss M that if she wanted to go in the walk tomorrow to come on over and I would pay for her to do it.
She said she would.


We came back in and looked at old pictures for a bit.


Even if we are just chilling, it's nice to be together.


My Honey went out to feed some of the neighbourhood cats and his little shadow had to follow him.

Where My Honey goes, Mr H goes to.
He wouldn't even wait to get his shoes on!

I just adore that little face!

I sent all the leftovers home with everyone as we won't be around for a couple weeks to get it eaten.

It was quite late when they left.
My Honey headed off to bed but I still had a playlist to make for tomorrow so I got busy doing that.
It was after midnight before I finally made it to my bed and boy did it ever feel good!

Coincidentally, this memory popped up on Facebook today.
It's of family being together in the back yard at another time.
This is Miss M and little Mr E - he was so little back then.
This was when my sister was living in St Albert - I sure wish she was still there!


Ha ha ha - I was single for most of my son's growing up years so to avoid this situation, I just had him sleep in my room with me!

This is so funny because I said the exact same thing to My Honey when we left the movie.
He said it was a symbolism thing but I just thought it was weird.

Not bad.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment