Sunday 15 July 2018

Krazy Kolor Run for Courtney! (June 24, 2018)

Race Day is here!

It is shaping up to be a gorgeous day and I am so grateful.
I was up early and showered then I headed out by 8 am.

I made a couple of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to take with me, I know I am going to get hungry at some point.

First thing I did was drive the route to figure out where I needed to put the KM markers at.

Then I went down to the office.
BH and SG were already there.
We started gathering everything and hauling it out to our vehicles.
One of the volunteers, GM, showed up to help and SV showed up too.
We got everything packed up then headed over to the park.

From there more volunteers showed up and helped us unload.
We assigned jurisdictions and I think it helped everything go much smoother.

BH was in charge of registrations with SG, SV was in charge of the bbq and I was decorations and signs.


This is the registration crew getting their instructions.

I got busy blowing up balloons, making signs and getting that set up.
The family of the girl we are doing this for all showed up to help.

We went through 3 tanks of helium and I thought it looked great with the balloons all down the fence line.


I especially liked the emoji balloons I found.


Pretty sure the kiddos will take care of removing them too by the end of the day.

Then myself and one of the guys from work who was volunteering, went around and put up the arrows and km markers.


Registration went much smoother this time than last time.

There were hardly any line ups at all.

We set out a big giant card for everyone to sign.


Some of our volunteers manning color stations and the bbqers started showing up next.




We basically all hung out at the park for awhile and it felt good and not rushed.
We were actually able to visit and enjoy it a bit.

Miss M did end up showing up for the race so that made me happy.

SG's hubby had the idea to get everyone together for a group photo so that's what we did.
BK got on the megaphone and called everyone over.

There were a lot of people to gather together for a group photo.

We had runners of all ages which was nice to see.
I love how excited this little guy in the orange shorts is.

For all the people that were there, we gathered together pretty quickly and getting a picture of the whole crowd went smoothly.

I am glad we did it, it turned out great!

After the picture, we did a bit of a warm up.

 then headed to the starting line.

It was far more organized at the start line than our last walk/run.

The family we were raising the funds for - we were so glad they were able to make it today.

The young girl we had the walk for last time came out today and did some of the walk herself.
So far she is cancer free and doing well so that was wonderful to see.

On your mark, get set, go!

 
Miss M & I were the last few people to start so we were right at the back.
We gained on a few folks though so we ended up not being dead last.


Mom and her friend DM were manning the first color station.
They got Miss M really good.


Think they got each other pretty good too!
I think I had it set up too close to the starting line so they got everyone in a big chunk all at once.
Next time I think I'll move that station so that the crowd kind of gets spaced out a bit by the time they make it to the first color station.
It was super hot.
The fire department was nice enough to set up the firetruck and spray water on the walkers.
They moved to a second location in the race and I was so happy to see them.
I was so warm I felt like I was melting.

The husband and daughter of the family we were raising the funds for.
He is also a co-worker.
Looks like they are enjoying themselves.

BH's grandchildren were participating.
Miss A's socks rock!

SV's grandson & SG's son were having a grand time.

B & J H!
Looking great guys!

The lady of the day!

Lots of co-workers.

Our former lead admin came out to support Courtney.

Getting a douse of color.

Another former co-worker came from WCT with her family to support Courtney as well.
She recently lost a bunch of weight and looks great!

We had a few families travel from as far away as Texas, Houston, North Caroline and even Australia.
How awesome is that?
We made it to the finish line then got ourselves a well deserved burger.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
It sure turned out to be a much nicer day than what we had last time weather wise.


This is the family we raised the funds for at the race.


The five of these girls have been really close friends most of their lives and I love this picture that our volunteer photographer took of them.
Nice to see the signs we made got some use too!


I think the special effects he applied look awesome!

The town was hoping that the splash park would be up and running for today but that didn't happen so that was a little disappointing.

The fire truck pulled up though and sprayed the water onto the park and it was awesome.
The kids just loved it and I saw some adults running in there too!

I found mom & DM and sat with them.

I got them some cake then after we did a few pictures with the girls from work and Courtney.
Courtney is looking really good and it was good to see her out.

Then it was clean up time.
We packed everything up and then took it all back to the office.
I also drove around and picked up all the km markers and arrows we'd put out earlier.
I'd probably have left it all in the truck if we didn't need the room in the truck and weren't leaving tomorrow.

By the time I got home I was pretty tired and feeling really dirty.
I look like I have a bunch of acne on my head!
I ran a bath and hopped right in.
It felt marvelous!!!

I had a few days of blogging to catch up on so that is what I worked on for awhile then mom wanted an ice cream so when My Honey got home, he & I went and got us each one.

I went for Limezilla again but this time with Red Velvet.

It was a really nice treat.


Even Professor Snuggles had some.
We watched the latest episode of Face Off while we ate them.

After that, I got packing.
I always leave it until last minute!
No wonder I was tired when I got home!
That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment