Wednesday 18 July 2018

London Here We Come! (June 25, 2018)

Well, today is the day, we will be off to London.
First I got up early and went in to work for a few hours.
I had a few more things I wanted to get done before we left.

I weighed in before we left too so I could have a sense of where I was before I left and how I do when I am over there.
This is the absolute highest that I have ever weighed.
When I get home, I really need to get a handle on this.
When I got home from work around 10, mom & My Honey were ready to go.
We packed up the luggage then My Honey left in his work truck.
He was dropping it off at a mechanic in Barrhead to get repaired while we were away.
I took our truck and picked up my brother then we headed out.
There is always so much excitement when we are heading out on a vacation!

We picked up My Honey then we stopped at A&W for some breakfast.
I ended up having the cod sandwich they have on special.
It was pretty good.

I was worried that we would be late to the airport but we made it there in plenty of time and check in was a breeze.
We used the WePark at JetSet parking again and because we were flying WestJet we were able to check our bags right there.
That is so convenient and awesome.

When we got to the airport, one of the WestJet folks suggested that we pick up something to eat once through security as they only sell food on the flights now and sometimes they don't have a lot of options.

So we took her advice and went to Boston Pizza.
We got pizza's thinking that we could take the leftovers on the plane with us.

Excited to be off to London!

I also got these thinly sliced potato chips but the spice on them kept building as I ate so eventually they were too hot for me and I couldn't eat them anymore.

I did treat myself to a Virgin Caesar as I knew the likelihood of getting on while we were away was small. 
Then next thing you know, we were up, up and away.

The first leg of our journey took us to Vancouver where we had a short layover.
Just enough time to get to our next flight really.
Vancouver is so beautiful but I always think the water looks really dirty when we fly over it.
I don't remember it looking that way when we were there in person.

It was a gorgeous day in Vancouver.
I love how you can see the mountains off in the distance behind the city.

They've done some renovations to the Vancouver airport and it looks really good.

We made it to our gate for our next flight then discovered that it was delayed for 3 hours, bummer!

Oh well, gave us some time to explore the airport a bit.

It's almost like a posh mall in there, live trees everywhere and plants.
It's very pretty.
We ended up having plenty of time to pick up snacks for the flight. 

Finally we boarded.

My Honey and I were in the very last two seats.
I actually like it back there

Someone fell asleep almost immediately.
Wish I could do that!

The flight over to London is over 9 hours long.
We were treated to a beautiful sunset (or sunrise - I don't know which).
The sunlight shining off the clouds the way it was looked so gorgeous.


Kind of confusing when you leave in the evening when it should be getting dark but it gets light because it is already morning where you are going.
I thought the sun was setting but the flight attendant came over and had us shut the blind on the window because the sun would be shining in the window and people would be wanting to sleep.
(That is the first time that has ever happened to me either).

I spent most of my time on the flight playing games on my Ipad.
I was also reading and I tried to sleep a bit but didn't have much luck.

I'll stop there and pick back up when we get into London as it will be tomorrow anyway.

My niece posted this saying it would be a good wedding cake topper for my son and his girl if they ever get married.
He was totally into Dragon Ball Z when he was younger.
I think it's a cute idea too and would love to find him one (just in case).
I'll be on the hunt!

Absolutely!
It is the longest minute in the world.
I don't even think I could last a minute.

What a great world this would be if everyone tried to ensure that the people they interact with always have a positive experience!
Something I can at least work on for myself.
I thought this was such a good point.
So often I hear about how immigrants are coming here and stealing our jobs, which I think is a total crock.
A lot of the employers they work for (at least in my experience) can't find anyone else to employ.
If they are willing and able then good for them I say.

Ha ha ha - this cracked me up because there have been a few times when I've gotten into scraps with the GPS or the google maps!

Got some good stepping in due to the flight delay in Vancouver, there truly is a silver lining to every cloud!

Well, that is all for today.
Next time I write we should be in London.
Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment