Friday, 9 October 2026

Boston Day 1 - Royal restaurant, Constitution Beach, Boon Choo Thai (Oct.8, 2026)

Our flight over to Boston from Montreal was only about an hour.

I played games on my tablet and listened to my latest book and it felt like a hop, skip and a jump and then we were preparing to land. 

I love how puffy the clouds look.

Heading into Boston.

I was trying to find a Welcome to Boston sign in the airport, this was the best I could find.

I did see this display - pretty clear to see where we are.

We went and picked up our rental.
We rented with Sixt - we had to pay extra for a second driver so we didn't bother as it already cost like 1700 for the car so looks like I'll be doing all the driving this trip.

We were hungry so when we left the airport, we found a spot to go and get something to eat that was nearby.

The East End Beef Sandwich is a big thing around here and Jason found a spot that makes them and has good reviews so we decided to go try them.

You could tell it was an old school neighborhood kind of spot and it was really busy so that's a good sign.
The staff was really friendly too.

We got the Three Way Beef Sandwich which meant it had mayo, cheese and bbq sauce on it.
Then it's also thinly sliced roast beef on a soft onion bun.
It was ok, a little messy, if I had it again I think I'd chose different toppings but we wanted to try the most popular kind.

They had clam strips so we had to try those as well and they were good.

Then Tres Leches for dessert.

We were really full after eating so we went for a little walk.
There were stairs and a walkway across the street from where we ate, when we walked over, we saw there was a beach over there.

There was a nice park there and lots of parking.
We thought it might be a good spot for Jason to go for a walk so we decided to drive over there.

Constitution Beach.

It was a nice looking beach - we even saw a couple people in the water swimming.

We went for a walk and ended up in the residential section when we ran out of trail.
Some of the houses were decorated for Halloween and I loved the display at this place.
So nice.
I think I might like to try doing something like this.

This cat was cute too.

This is standing back looking at the whole porch.

Another cute display just a little further down the street.

There were all this huge houses that were really long and skinny.

Logan International airport is just on the other side of the water here so when we got back to the beach, we watched the planes landing and taking off for a bit.

They were going constantly - what a busy airport.

Look at this giant plane, holy cow.
Must be one of those big air buses.

You can see the more 'regular' size plane behind it there to see the difference in size.

Jason and I.
I was feeling pretty tired and had considered just laying in the back seat of the car while Jason went out for a walk/run but I'm glad I went out for a walk instead.

There wasn't really much of a trail to run on so we decided to go to the hotel and see what was around over there.
Even though it was only 28 miles away, it was going to take us nearly 2 hours to drive there.
We were avoiding tolls and then it was just rush hour.
Some of the drivers in Boston are just crazy.

I was so tired and so happy when we got to our hotel and I could stop driving.
We checked in and it was around 3:30 by this time - we were both really tired so decided to have a nap.
We slept until after 7 - then we got up and were ready for some supper.

We found a little Thai spot with really good reviews, Boon Choo.

It was really nice and clean inside.

Just a small little place.

It was voted one of the top 25 places to eat by Boston magazine.

Jason.

They had Tom Yum soup so you know we had that.

Then we got this appetizer plate with a bunch of different things on it including potstickers, spring rolls, chicken satay, crab rangoon, ribs and chicken wings.
I love the presentation.

We shared shrimp pad Thai.

They had mango and blue sticky rice so of course we had that.
It came with a little container of coconut milk that you were meant to squeeze over the rice.
The owner came and was telling us about how it works and also about how her mother sends flowers from Thailand that she dries and uses to dye the rice.

Pouring the salty coconut sauce onto the sticky rice.

This is the butterfly flowers they use to dye the rice.

The meal was great, I'd eat at that restaurant all the time if I lived nearby.

We went to a nearby Walmart after we ate and shopped around for a bit.
We love just walking around Walmart in the states for whatever reason.

I also remembered to give my brother Adrien a call because today was his birthday.

Made my step goal for the day.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment