Monday 10 April 2023

Pedicure and Easter Prep (Apr.8, 2023)

 Jason was busy making all things bacon at work this morning.

He picked up a turkey to cook for the guys - he likes to cut it up into pieces and cook them seperately because different cuts need different cook times.

He hates a dry turkey.

This time he tried wrapping the breast in bacon and cooking it that way.

He had leftover bacon so he draped that over the rest of the turkey to cook.
I bet it is going to be delicious.

I really wanted to get my toenails done before we head to Las Vegas this week but I didn't really feel like driving to Whitecourt to do it.
We do have a spa in town and on Google it showed that it opened today at 10 so I called after that to see if I could get in today.
There was no answer so I drove by to have a look and it wasn't open so I ended up having to go to Whitecourt afterall.
I called a few places and one spot, Pretty & Polished, said they could get me in as soon as I got there so I made an appointment and headed out.

It was nice out today so I decided to bring my running gear along with me - I figured I could get a run in while I was there - the change of scenery would be nice.

Getting pampered is always nice.

I decided to go with a new color that I've not had before - a minty green color.
I don't like it as much as I thought I would - I think I still prefer my pale pink, but it will do.

I hadn't eaten anything all morning and I was feeling kind of hungry so I stopped and got myself a sub then went to the park to eat it.

I only ate half for now - it was loaded with veggies and tasted so darn good.

I don't normally like to run right after I eat so I walked around the park for a bit first just to let my belly settle.

Then after about a half hour or so of walking, I started running.
I hoped to do 5k and I did but it felt really hard.
I just have to keep pushing myself to do it though - it will get easier.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.

When I got back home, I cleaned the house all up that put together everyone's easter baskets.

I was going to cut the bags in the shape of bunnies - I saw it on Instagram and it looked really cute but when I tried it, it didn't really work out.
So instead I cut little bunnies on the Cricket.

I like how they turned out - they look super cute.

For the kids baskets, instead of hanging the bunnies on them, I glued them to skewers and stuck them in the basket.

I had punched holes in them thinking I would hang them so I just glued on flowers to cover up the holes.

Mom got Alivia a little bunny that is chocolate scented.

Hunter got a little lamb.

And Zepplyn got this cute purple bunnie.
I also filled all the plastic eggs I had with chocolates and I'll hide them all sometime before everyone gets here tomorrow.
I'm hoping to have Freya spend the night so I'll likely do it after she goes to bed tonight.

They went to Haylee's grandma Rita and Papa Lloyd's place in Barrhead for Easter dinner today and they did an egg hunt outside.

Pretending to be bunnies.

Zepplyn is really getting into it.

They got home just after 8 and Kody was going to bring Freya over but then he called and said that she actually wanted to stay home.
Kind of odd but that's ok - Jason and I had a nice, chill evening in a nice, clean house.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment