Monday 10 April 2023

Easter (Apr.9, 2023)

I had such a difficult time falling to sleep last night - I'm not sure what my issue was but I barely had any sleep at all.
I thought maybe I could sleep in but I wanted to get up to put the ham in so when Jason left for work I just got up.

He also cooked up a ham for the guys at work today - the glaze he put on it looks amazing.
 
He said it was fairly quiet out there later in the day so he went for a run around the battery - he said it was a little muddy but not too bad.

After I got the ham in the oven I got to work 'hiding' the Easter eggs around the house.
I wish we had nice springs where we could hide the eggs outdoors but we still have too much snow for that.

You can see I just popped eggs everywhere.

I wouldn't really call them 'hidden' but the kids will still have fun looking for them later when they come over.

After I got the eggs hidden, I headed out for a walk/run.
I needed lots of steps so I did some walking first then did my running.

I wanted to try for 5k today even though I knew it would be hard - I just need to do it.

Most of the roads in town are nice and clear now but there still is quite a bit of snow around.
It did go down a lot this weekend though - we've been having pretty nice temps.

I ended up running just over 6k.

My exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I was breathing really heavy so I was really trying to work on slowing it down and catching my breath and in order to do so, I had to really try to slow my running down.
It's like I've forgotten how to breath properly while I'm running - have to figure it out again.

It was hard but I did it and I felt proud.

When I got back to the house, Kody, Haylee and Freya were there.
Good thing I hid those eggs before I headed out.

I had whole carrots ready to roast in the oven and I put together the hash brown casserole and got that all in the oven cooking.

Then I texted everyone and had them come over early so we could eat while it was still warm.

Alivia checking out her Easter basket.
We just got them each a chocolate bunny, some bubbles, a stuffie and some other little chocolates. 

Then we let the kids go ahead and do their egg hunt.
Zepplyn just wanted the eggs, not the chocolate inside.

Checking out their hauls.

Then it was time to eat.
My ham turned out pretty good - I just glazed it with a mustard/brown sugar mixture.

I made way too much tater tot casserole.
I crumbled up potato chips up on top.
I wasn't going to have any myself but I just had to try it so I just had a really small portion.

I tried doing whole oven roasted glazed carrots.
They didn't turn out exactly like I wanted but they were ok.
I think I may look up a recipe and try them again another time.

Haylee - she's been feeling nauseous so hasn't been able to eat a lot.
I did try to get them to take leftovers but the also have leftovers from dinner at her Grandma's yesterday so they didn't want to take too much.
I guess Mom will be having tater tot casserole for the rest of the week!

It was kind of my birthday dinner too and I'm trying to follow WW so I didn't want a cake so Mom picked up a couple of pies and I got some ice cream to go with them.

Everyone brought me cards as well and gave me money and scratch tickets!

Then we all just kind of hung out and visited.

Trying to get a good picture but the sunlight was too bright in behind them.

Kody and Adrien.
Morgan wasn't feeling well so she didn't come.

Zepplyn actually didn't turn away for a picture - I'm impressed.

Alivia being silly.

The kids were in my room playing on my bed.

They had it torn right apart.

I tried to get them all to pose for a picture but this was the best that I got.

Everyone ended up leaving around 6 except for Freya who decided that she wanted to spend the night tonight.
Mom said she would watch her in the morning when I left for work so I let her.

Freya wanted to take Louie out for a walk so she, mom, Louie and I all went for a walk around the block.
It was so nice that we didn't even need to wear coats.

When Jason got home - Freya ditched me and played with him for the rest of the evening until bed time.
She was just wired and it was hard getting her to settle down but eventually we managed to.

Saw these memory bears on Facebook and thought they were a great idea.
I do have Dad's last name on mine from his uniform but I love the little hat.
What a great idea!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment