Monday 14 October 2019

Albuquerque, New Mexico - Day One (Oct.2, 2019)

We were up and off to the airport early this morning for our flight.
We had to go through customs and there was a bit of a line up but not too bad.

We had a breakfast sandwich and a coffee when we got through and before you know it, we were boarding.

Off we go on another adventure.

My Honey had the window seat so he took some pictures for me of some of the stuff we were flying over.

Arriving in LA.

Pretty sure that's the Hollywood sign.
I hope to see it up close & personal one day.

We had a few hour lay over in LA so we got ourselves some lunch.

There weren't a lot of options in the part of the airport we were in - Shake Shack it was.

We each got a burger and shared some fries.

Shared a frozen custard too - it was pretty darn good.

Our flight for Albuquerque left right on time.

I took the window seat this time.

So long LA!

It was only an hour and a half flight over to Albuquerque.

Looks like both desert & green space.
I'll take either as long as the weather is nice!

Coming in for the landing!

Welcome to New Mexico.

It was a smaller, nice airport - decorated in the Santa Fe style.

Kind of cool statue.

There were hot air balloon everywhere.

They really get into it it would seem.

Looks like they are expecting lots of folks for the festival.

Well thank you!

More balloons.

They had this pretty awesome car on display there in the airport too.

My Honey made a new friend already.

I'm so excited to be here.

We picked up our car rental.
They had a Ford Fiesta for us but tried to talk us into an upgrade.
My Honey didn't go for it so but they just ended up giving us a Toyota Corolla anyway - no extra charge.

We left there and headed to the hotel.
Once we checked in and dropped off our luggage, we headed out to find a place to have some supper.
The receptionist at the hotel recommended Frontier Restaurant so that's where we went.

It just so happened to be on my list of places we wanted to try so that was cool.

I think this place has been around for quite some time.

It has kind of old fashioned decor but I liked it - it's a huge place.

You stand in a line to put in your order and they have a whole row of cashiers putting orders in.
Luckily, it wasn't crazy busy when we got there so we didn't have to wait long at all.


They are famous for their butter cinnamon rolls so we made sure to order one.
She warmed it and gave it to us before we got the rest of the meal so we went ahead and ate dessert first.

My Honey had a burrito for his first meal in New Mexico.

I tried a green chile burger and some tortilla soup.
They brought out this flat bread for us too.
Not sure what it was supposed to go with and I wasn't even going to have any but at the end I decided to try it and OMG, it was the best I've ever had.
It was light and fluffy and you could tell it was freshly made.
We ended up eating all three pieces just like this with nothing on them.

Then we just walked around the area to explore a little.

I love when they have lights strung like this - they just make it so much more inviting.

I think we are going to be finding a lot of new mexican style food here, as we should!

Cool mural we passed.

Love this bike rack, the shadow it makes looks pretty neat too.

We headed back to the hotel after a bit of a walk.
We were tired from travelling and wanted to get to bed early so we could feel fresh & rested tomorrow.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment