Sunday 13 October 2019

Nice Day for a Drive (Sept.29, 2019)

I woke up when My Honey left for work this morning so I just got up, made a coffee and got to work on my Goals book.

Another page completed.
Maybe this will be some motivation to get this done.

Next I went for a drive to have a look at the barnwood I'd seen on the Buy & Sell yesterday.
They had a beautiful spot out in the country.

The trees were in their fall colors and that just added to the charm.

They had a couple of big work buildings.

I would love to have a few big shops like this.

There were two homes on the property, very nice.

I was a bit nervous about going out to a place like this to meet someone I did not know but he was a very nice man.
He said he and his wife are wanting to sell their acreage as they just want to travel and it's too much to take care of.
I picked out 40 boards and he loaded them up in the truck for me then I headed back home.

It was a lovely day for a drive.
I see they finally finished up the bridge and they've gone, it's almost like they were never here.

Their trailers and equipment are all gone too.
I was shocked, I think it was the longest construction project I've ever seen.

This is what 40 pieces of barn board looks like.

I got some pretty good pieces actually.
My son came over and helped me unload them - what a good boy he is!

Next I got to work and finished up this little trio.
I'm super happy with how they turned out.
They were easy to do too so I'm thinking I might make a couple more sets.
I forgot how much I enjoy creating things, I'm going to make a conscious effort to do it more often.

I got another page completed in my Goals book too.
The book itself is a fun little project.

Between all that, I managed to get in 44 minutes on the treadmill.

When My Honey got home, he brought in his latest project so he could put a coat of varnish on it.
It was super cold out so he figured it would take too long to dry out there.

He made it entirely out of pallet wood and I think it turned out wonderfully.
He's pretty talented that fellow!

In Facebook world, a family member posted this picture of these dear sweet ladies.
They are my great aunties on my father's side.
I remember visiting them and getting treats from them when we were young.
They knit slippers too and would always give us some.
Seeing this brought back those treasured memories.

Miss H did a fall photo shoot with Baby F and I think she did a great job!

Looks like she's enjoying playing in all the leaves.

This little coat was one of our awesome finds and the second hand store yesterday.

She just has so many little faces she makes - love it.

The smiles are the best though!

Outta my way!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment