Sunday 13 October 2019

Country Music State of Mind! (Sept.30, 2019)

I was up early and on the road to St Albert this morning.
I had a meeting at the office there.
I don't mind going in there every so often, its nice to see the girls and catch up a little.


I was hoping to be out of there and on the road back home by 2:30 as I had to set chairs up at the community center in town for another meeting I'm organizing tomorrow but it was closer to 4:30 when I finally left.

I stopped at the Italian Market to pick up a spicy sandwich for My Honey as he requested.
I got one for myself too because they are super good.

They had almond croissants too and they looked really good so I couldn't resist.
I got myself one to snack on on the way home.
I wasn't disappointed!

I was in a country state of mind on the way home and heard some pretty good tunes on the drive home.

I want to get them for my ipod when I get home so I took pictures so I wouldn't forget.

I love me some George Strait.

Good old Judds!

This one I've been hearing a lot lately and not just on the country station.
I heard it on the Broadway station.

Forgot all about this good oldie.

I've always like country but I went through a major country music stage right around the time that all of these songs were on the charts so it brought back lots of memories.

Brooks & Dunn have so many good ones.

I had a friend once who was very religious and left my house because this song was playing on the radio.
I remember thinking that it was a bit extreme but also kind of in awe of how steadfast she was in her beliefs.

Forgot about Clint Black too - I used to have a bit of a crush on him.

This is a true oldie and I just love it.
It just makes me feel good when I listen to it.

I was just singing this song in my head yesterday for some reason out of the blue then suddenly I hear it today after not hearing it likely for years.
Weird.

Love me some Faith & Tim.

Love me some Travis Tritt too.

Another good one.

I was never a huge Garth Brooks fan but my sister was.
Then he was playing a concert and my mom  asked me to take my sister and I found a great appreciation for him that day.
Now I'm a big fan, not just of his music but of his personality too the more I learn about him.

More Judds - gotta love em.

I remember Tanya Tucker had a reality show back before they were all the rage called "Tuckerville" about her and her three children and I got the biggest kick out of it.
I was really bummed when it stopped but I've been a big fan ever since.

When I got back to town, I stopped at the office to do a bit of work.
I have the spill exercise tomorrow so I'll be missing work again and we leave right after it for Edmonton as we fly out to New Mexico first thing Wednesday morning.
I wanted to have as much cleaned off my desk as possible before we left.

Then around 7, NR, JZ and My Honey met me at the Keyano Center where we got the chairs and tables set up for the WCSS spill exercise in our area tomorrow.

By the time we got home we basically only had time for supper then we headed to bed.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment